Operational Support Assistants
South Yorkshire CRC are currently recruiting for Operational Support Assistants based around South Yorkshire.
The role of Operational Support Assistant is integral to the successful and smooth running of the CRC. You will work with a range of colleagues and partners supporting the work of reducing reoffending and providing a service to community teams. You will be responsible for day to day administration on site including use of IT systems, telephone communication and greeting service users and customers. This is a key supporting role to our probation and programmes teams.
If you want to join an innovative, creative and high performing organisation, we offer challenging and rewarding roles and the opportunity to make a positive contribution to reducing reoffending in South Yorkshire. We offer excellent opportunities for personal and professional development and are committed to supportive induction and appraisal.
Some roles will be responsible for completing Administration functions however will be reporting into the Performance Team working on data validation, collection and inputting to demonstrate we are achieving required targets and performance.
- Operate a file management service, including opening, recording new files, preparing files for transfer between offices, storage, maintenance and termination.
- Maintain and update contact logs, by inputting and retrieving information as required.
- Contribute to the implementation of breach procedures under the direction of the responsible Offender Manager.
- Manage and maintain office systems, processes and procedures in respect of case administration, including making appointments, tracking review schedule and trigger process.
- Distribute and receive information from courts, offender management teams, interventions and external organisations as required.
- Retrieve data and statistical information providing management reports as required using computer-based systems.
- Provide general administration support to the business and provide reception duties as required.
- Have proven administrative support experience
- Be able to work with confidential information
- Be able to work with IT applications (Specifically Microsoft Office)
- Have experience of working to deadlines and under pressure
- Be flexible approach with a 'can do attitude'
Band 2 salary commencing at £17,417 p.a
37 hours per week, 27 days holiday + 8 bank holidays, defined contribution pension scheme, company sick pay, group discount scheme.
Sessional opportunities are also available.
The role of South Yorkshire CRC is to rehabilitate offenders, reduce reoffending and protect the public and we are one of six CRCs operated by Sodexo Justice Services in the UK. We work with offenders both in the community and in custody to deliver the sentence of the court, to rehabilitate them and to provide a range of programmes and interventions to turn their lives around. We deliver effective offender management and rehabilitation services to low and medium risk offenders and our highly skilled staff work in a range of disciplines to make a real difference. Our aim is to create a better future for the people we work with - offenders, victims and their families and local communities. We are proud to have strong relationships with other criminal justice agencies, local authorities, health trusts, employment and training providers, and work with contracted partners to enhance delivery to our service users.
We serve the counties from the 4 major towns: Sheffield, Barnsley, Rotherham, Doncaster. South Yorkshire CRC is an Equal Opportunities employer. All applicants are considered on the basis of suitability for the post, irrespective of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, age or religion.