Internal Audit Manager
1 day left
- Full Time
Are you educated to degree level with previous auditing experience?
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding new role?
A unique opportunity has arisen to join 1st Credit, a multi-award winning financial services company based in Reigate, Surrey. Following a recent acquisition by a global leader in credit management services, this role offers an environment which is both challenging and progressive.
Reporting to the UK Managing Director, the Internal Audit Manager will be responsible for the company's internal audit and advisory services which assist in managing risk, improving customer service and enhancing business performance.
The ideal candidate will have in-depth knowledge of the 'Three Lines of Defence' model, possess demonstrable internal audit capabilities and have worked within banking or similar financial services sector.
As an Internal Audit Manager, you will be responsible for the following:
- Designing and implementing 1st Credit's annual audit plan, structured around audit engagements in order to address the risks incurred by business operations
- Planning for and executing multiple concurrent audits, including reviews of existing processes, systems and technologies
- Performing end-to-end audit engagements as part of the annual audit plan, in accordance with the 1st Credit's Audit Charter
- Conducting risk assessments and identifying controls in place to mitigate identified risks
- Ensuring that policies and procedures in place adhere to regulations
- Documenting the results of audit work in accordance the Chartered Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) standards
- Identifying and addressing systemic control and efficiency issues and developing data analysis and automated tools
- Making recommendations to processes and systems, identifying where operations can be improved
- Developing an ongoing professional relationship with internal and external stakeholders to ensure timely and consistent controls advice
- In all activities, promoting implementation of the 1st Credit's 'Three Lines of Defence' control environment
Additional Salary Info: Matched pension scheme, Private Medical Insurance
Internal Audit Manager | Auditor | Internal Audit | Risk Management | Three Lines of Defence | Audit Plans | Data Analysis | Financial Services | Regulations | Legal | Certified | Chartered
- Educated to degree level, preferably within a relevant subject
- Demonstrable experience within previous auditing roles (not Finance-Auditing)
- Proven ability to conduct end-to-end auditing, including drafting recommendations for risk mitigation
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Advanced knowledge and experience with operational controls
- Strong understanding of the laws and regulations related to controls and key areas of technology to support this
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- 'Certified' or 'Chartered' Internal Auditor status will greatly benefit your application
- Knowledge of the financial services legal environment (Consumer Credit Act (2006), Data Protection Act (1998), Proceeds of Crime Act (2002))
- Experience in managing commercial outcomes for businesses or projects
- Experience of working in an FCA regulated environment
About Our Company:
1st Credit is the UK presence of an award winning global financial services business, operating within credit management, debt purchase and collection. We will purchase customer credit accounts from leading UK banks and other lenders. We will work with our customers to provide the most appropriate outcome for them. This may range from creating individual, bespoke repayment plans if this is appropriate, or agreeing a period of time for the customer to get their finances in order. Our culture is based on ethical practices, fair treatment and creating a positive customer experience.
We are the only company within the industry to receive an exceptional Gold accreditation from Investors in Customers for four consecutive years.
Apply for Internal Audit Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly