Stores Assistant/Van Driver
4 days left
- Full Time
Stores Assistant/Van Driver based at the Ballymena Branch of this leading electrical wholesaler, offering an excellent basic salary and benefits package (including a competitive bonus scheme).
As a firm supporter of continuing professional development, excellent career progression prospects are also available for candidates that demonstrate hard work and determination to succeed.
The Role of Stores Assistant/Van Driver:
- Picking orders from the Warehouse
- Booking in deliveries, putting goods away, keeping the warehouse tidy
- Maintaining security of warehouse and stock at all times
- Ensuring that stock is kept in excellent saleable condition
- Assisting with regular stock taking programme
- Handling stock in line with Health and Safety requirements
- Serving customers over the Counter
- Dealing with customers via the phone
- To load/unload the van
- To safely deliver small/large packages, including multi drops and collections, to both business and home addresses
- Hardworking and ambitious
- Good communication skills
- Approachable, polite manner
- High standards of presentation and organisation for the Warehouse
- Commercial driving experience
- Industry-specific experience is desirable, but this isn't essential.
With over 50 years' experience in the electrical wholesale industry, we are an energetic organisation that is part of a very successful European business. With a network of over 400 trading branches across continental Europe, and 100 branches currently open in the UK (with a plan to have 300 open in the next 10 years), there has never been a better time to get on board.
What's in it for you?
- Starting salary negotiable subject to experience
- Commencing on 20 days holiday per annum (full time employees) plus Bank Holidays increasing with each completed years’ service up to 25 days plus Bank Holidays
- 42½ hours per week
- Monday-Friday (with occasional Saturday’s)
- Initial training and on-going development from an experienced team member
- Brilliant opportunities to take on more responsibility and long term career prospects
If you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
No Agencies Please.