Chief Operating Officer (COO)
Chief Operating Officer (COO) at an E-commerce and a B-C Company - Edinburgh Scotland
We sell rare and old whisky from Scotland, Ireland, and Japan and we sell them predominantly through our websites. We’re a vertically integrated e-commerce company!
Company has annual revenues of $5 GBP MM/year. We are hiring for our Edinburgh office. Our near-term goal is become a bigger player with all our ecommerce sites and especially in the USA and also to look to build on our strong private B-C business in China and Hong Kong while opening a physical store and bar in Tokyo by 2012.
- Regularly manage and optimize online advertising spend
- Regularly optimize pricing of products
- Regularly forecast sales so that we can restock our products and our warehouses according to demand
- Regularly submit purchase orders to our vendors both overseas and domestically. This may sound simple, but it is not. The creation and optimization of purchase orders is a deep and complicated strategic exercise.
- Regularly analyze the profitability of our products
- Manage our 2 sales team-members who are based in China
- Manage our 3rd party warehouses, and other 3rd party contractors
- Regularly making sure we are properly and accurately invoiced by our vendors.
- Semi-regularly adapt our workflow and processes to improve our outcomes and reduce the time required to perform them. For example, we hired an outside contractor to use APIs to download and format advertising and pricing data we needed to optimize our sales online.
- Semi-regularly analyze various new areas. We’re always looking to improve our customer satisfaction, profits, lead-times, new products...whatever. You will be our go-to to analyze these things
- Base salary 28,000 GBP/year plus profit sharing. Equity can be discussed after one year.
Please click the apply button to email your CV