Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer
Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer (Kirkham, Lancashire)
Location: Kirkham, Lancashire midway between Blackpool and Preston
Job Title: Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer
Salary & Benefits: Circa £34,000 depending on qualification and experience
Company commercial vehicle, Pension, Career development and training opportunities
Working Hours: Day Shift Pattern
The Company: Our client has become one of the UK’s leading peeled potato and chip suppliers. They play an essential role in sourcing, processing and then distributing potatoes and chips of the highest quality to food manufacturers for ready meals, food service companies as well as fish and chip shops. They have an exciting opportunity for a Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer to join their team on a full time, permanent basis in Kirkham, Lancashire midway between Blackpool and Preston
The Role: For the role of the Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer you will be part of a multi skilled team on a day shift pattern. You will also be expected to cover out of hours call outs as part of a team rota.
Key Responsibilities for the Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer role to include:-
• Ensure that all breakdowns are carried out methodically and efficiently to the best engineering standards
• Ensure respective corrective actions are carried out according to their schedule and undertaking plant strip downs, rebuilds and component repairs.
• Be responsible for PPM, reactive maintenance and working on PLC’s (fault finding)
• Complete small project work
• Identifying opportunities for continuous improvement and completing all works with strict regard to Health and Safety, company hygiene and site procedures.
The Candidate: For the role of Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer you will be an excellent communicator with good organisational skills. You must have excellent problem solving skiils. You will need to live within a commutable distance to Kirkham, Lancashire midway between Blackpool and Preston
Key experience essential for the role of Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer:-
• A full clean driving licence with access to your own vehicle
• C&G, NVQ or equivalent in both Electrical and Mechanical Engineering / or time served experience
• Experience within the manufacturing environment, ideally within a food or FMCG environment
• Knowledge of Food Safety
Does this sound like you? If yes then please hit the apply now button.
You will then be sent to an online questionnaire to support your CV and application, please fill in the details and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps.