Project Management Administrator
CIEL: Project Management Administrator
The agri-food sector faces many challenges, particularly the need to increase production to feed a growing population whilst limiting environmental impacts and ensuring high animal welfare standards. This is underlying theme of the government’s Agri-Tech Strategy – which included the establishment of 4 Agri-Tech Centres.
The Centre for Innovation Excellence in Livestock (CIEL) is one of those Agri-Tech Centres. First set up in 2016, CIEL provides a single gateway to a group of 12 world-class farming and animal science universities.
CIEL has been established to support & deliver industry-led innovative livestock research. Spanning the entire supply chain, CIEL works with industry, academic and government partners to share knowledge and commission research into livestock production and food quality. CIEL, and the wider family of Agri-Tech Centres, aim to support the UK economy through the creation of new jobs, increased exports and new IP to ensure the UK agri-food sector is world class.
The Centre works nationally and internationally and is based around a small passionate and committed team based at the Science Park in York.
We are now looking to expand this team with three additional members who will support the Centre’s continued growth. To be part of CIEL you will need to have a strong work ethic, be an enthusiastic team member and bring energy and drive to your role. An interest in Agri-tech, farming or the primary food sector would be a benefit but is not a requirement. If you don’t have this background we’ll need to see a genuine curiosity about what CIEL does and a thirst for learning more.
Job Title: Project Management Administrator
Reports to: Business Development Manager
Key Relationships: Financial Controller, CEO, Head of Innovation.
Salary: £22-25k dependent on skills and experience
Job Status: Full Time 18mth FTA with possibility of permanence.
Location: York, North Yorkshire
Overall Job Purpose
You will assist in the management of a Portfolio of Industry Engagement and Innovation Projects within the agri-food research sector. This will include working closely with the Business Engagement Manager to prepare comprehensive Project Business Cases in preparation for funding and subsequent Project Management Plans post award.
Your daily activities will include coordination of all live projects through CIEL’s newly implemented WebPortal system. To succeed in this role, you should have effective communication skills and be able to collaborate with various Industry Members and academic partners to deliver successful outcomes to set deadlines.
You are responsible for representing the CIEL image in all activity, acting in a professional manner in dealings with industry Members, academic partners, project teams and their government agencies.
Ultimately, your role is to ensure that all projects are governed and administered correctly in line with the approved Project Business Cases and Project Management Plans - thus allowing for successful completion of the Project.
You will undertake the following under the supervision of the Business Engagement Manager:
- Daily management of a portfolio of projects via the CIEL WebPortal
- Capturing requirements, developing and updating Project Business Cases
- Developing and implementing Project Management Plans
- Ensuring all project data & information is up to date and valid
- Identifying and monitoring Project or Portfolio Risk (Threats & Opportunities)
- Formulating and implementing responses to the Threats & Opportunities
- Working with stakeholders, considering their levels of influence and interests.
- Establishing and implementing, where necessary, the protocols to change the scope of projects and updating all stakeholders and configuration documents as required.
The PMO Administrator is expected to have a working knowledge of the following:
- Preparing and maintaining schedules for project activities and events taking account of all dependencies and resource requirements.
- Consolidating and documenting the fundamental components of projects to create a comprehensive Business Case.
- Establishing and maintaining governance arrangements for the planning and delivery of projects.
- Overseeing project budgets and allocation of resources.
- Planning and controlling of project finances in line with the approved Business Case.
Skills, Experience and Behaviours
- Experience as a PMO Administrator, Portfolio Analyst, Project Coordinator or similar role
- Experience in Project Management Lifecycles, from Conception to Completion
- The ability to prepare and interpret flowcharts, schedules and step-by-step action plans
- Familiarity with risk management, governance principles and quality assurance
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Project and Microsoft Planner
- Hands-on experience with ERP, MRP or Portfolio Management software (CRM Dynamics, QA Clarity)
- IPMA Level D / APMP / PRINCE2 Foundation certification is a plus
- A background in either agriculture, agri-food or research environments
- Solid organisational skills, including multitasking and time-management
- Strong client-facing and teamwork skills
- Flexible approach with problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
- Strong attention to detail
- Professional and friendly demeanour
- Ability to deal with colleagues and members at all levels
- Confident, approachable and helpful
- Willing to work outside job description to help out the team.
If you are interested in the above role, please send click apply. Please note that all CVs should be supported by a covering letter including references.
Proposed interview dates are 31 January 2018 and 1 February 2018.