1 day left
- Administration & Secretarial
CIEL: Office Administrator
The agri-food sector faces many challenges, particularly the need to increase production to feed a growing population whilst limiting environmental impacts and ensuring high animal welfare standards. This is underlying theme of the government’s Agri-Tech Strategy – which included the establishment of 4 Agri-Tech Centres.
The Centre for Innovation Excellence in Livestock (CIEL) is one of those Agri-Tech Centres. First set up in 2016, CIEL provides a single gateway to a group of 12 world-class farming and animal science universities.
CIEL has been established to support & deliver industry-led innovative livestock research. Spanning the entire supply chain, CIEL works with industry, academic and government partners to share knowledge and commission research into livestock production and food quality. CIEL, and the wider family of Agri-Tech Centres, aim to support the UK economy through the creation of new jobs, increased exports and new IP to ensure the UK agri-food sector is world class.
The Centre works nationally and internationally and is based around a small passionate and committed team based at the Science Park in York.
We are now looking to expand this team with three additional members who will support the Centre’s continued growth. To be part of CIEL you will need to have a strong work ethic, be an enthusiastic team member and bring energy and drive to your role. An interest in Agri-tech, farming or the primary food sector would be a benefit but is not a requirement. If you don’t have this background we’ll need to see a genuine curiosity about what CIEL does and a thirst for learning more.
Job Title: Office Administrator
Reports to: Financial Controller
Key Relationships: CEO, Business Engagement Manager, Head of Innovation.
Salary: £18-20k dependent on skills and experience
Job Status: Full Time (part days can be considered) 18mth FTA with possibility of permanence.
Location: York, North Yorkshire
Overall Job Purpose
You will provide support to key members of CIEL’s leadership team, specifically the CEO. Reporting to the Financial Controller you will handle multiple tasks at once, budget your own time well, interact professionally with all members of CIEL and external partners and members, and be an excellent and effective communicator.
You will have a strong work ethic and a ‘can do’ attitude, working flexibly to ensure that the centre runs smoothly. You will develop the ability to anticipate requirements and work autonomously.
- Screening phone calls, enquiries and requests, and handling them when appropriate.
- Receive and respond to email messages, deal with or appropriately forward web queries.
- Manage the CEO’s diary, resolve scheduling conflicts and effectively arranging appointments.
- Schedule meetings, book rooms, arrange refreshments, prepare attendance lists, and agendas.
- Producing documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations.
- Plan events including facility hire, travel and accommodation arrangements, delegate packs, schedules, activities and presentation arrangements.
- Take minutes of board meetings, AGMs, RDC committee and other meetings as required. Check and circulate final minutes in a timely manner.
- Develop reports as requested using excel and CIEL’s web portal and accounting systems.
- Co-ordinating Cat A partner reports.
- Perform research as needed.
- Devising and maintaining office systems, including data management and physical and electronic filing systems.
- Act as communication relay, making sure all parties receive necessary information and that this information is accurate.
- Make travel and accommodation bookings for CIEL team.
- Create and reconcile the expense claims reports.
Skills, Experience and Behaviours
- Administrative experience in a busy, varied and fast paced environment.
- Regular effective use of MS Office systems including word, excel, outlook and PowerPoint.
- Experience in taking and producing formal minutes.
- Track record in organising events, workshops and meetings.
- Ability to create and produce reports to request.
- Small business office experience
- Experience in a PA role
- A background in either Agriculture or Agri-tech environments
- Webpage authoring and editing skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrable time management and organisation skills
- Professional and friendly demeanour
- Ability to deal with staff and members at all levels
- Confident, approachable and helpful
- Willing to work outside job description to help out the team.
If you are interested in the above role, please send click apply. Please note that all CVs should be supported by a covering letter including references.
Proposed interview dates are 31 January 2018 and 1 February 2018.