Assessor/Trainer - Woodwork
1. Be primarily responsible for the recruitment of employers for apprentice placements and ensure that they are aware of their training obligations. Recruit suitable apprentices to match employer’s needs
2. It is the primary responsibility of the post holder to ensure that set targets are achieved
3. To attend relevant employer and sector groups to raise the profile of the College and the provisions available.
4. To recruit appropriate candidates for Training e.g. Apprenticeships.
5. To follow recruitment procedures for candidates and ensure that initial assessment, advice and guidance is carried out.
6. To carry out Health and Safety audits in the workplace and monitor candidates’ health and safety.
7. To ensure the Individual Learning Plan (ILP) is completed, updated and maintained for all candidates in liaison with curriculum staff and employers.
8. To complete all Funding Agency and College documentation for students and employers to support the training programme they are recruited to ensuring funding compliance at all times.
9. To adhere to entry criteria and recruitment procedures for students and ensure that the results of the student’s initial assessment informs individual student target setting and is agreed with the employer.
10. Direct the delivery of training. Ensure timely completion of qualifications, develop portfolios and support the embedding of Key Skills/Functional Skills.
11. To act as advocate in resolving problems between students, employers and parents as appropriate and keep employers updated on student progress
12. To carry out regular student reviews as required and update student files to reflect achievements, including the updating of tracking sheets. Through the review process, set and monitor training targets that effectively link on and off the job training, liaising with the relevant employer
13. To develop training materials which will enable the candidate to generate evidence against qualification requirements
14. To carry out assessments of candidates in the work place in accordance with Awarding Body requirements
15. To ensure the high quality of the assessment process by working with Internal Verifiers and attending regular standardisation meetings.
16. To keep accurate records of student progress and achievement, which are regularly shared with the relevant employer.
17. To keep accurate records of student attendance which are regularly shared with the relevant employer.
18. To ensure that all relevant paperwork to enable the claiming of certificates accurately and timely, is forwarded to the MIS office
19. To attend internal team and other meetings as required.
20. To participate in the course review and evaluation process, contributing the area’s self-assessment report.