Finisher – Job Description.
Finisher Job Responsibilities:
Uses hand power tools, sanding pads, finishing tools to prepare concrete castings to customer specifications. Slices, cuts, sands, mixes cement and grout and applies to product. Works safely and in line with all company rules and procedures at all times. The position can involve various activities including grinding, sanding, pointing, and making mortar repairs to concrete units.
Reports To: Finishing Supervisor
Finisher Job Duties:
- Plans workload around works instructions, quality documentation, and specifications to ensure workmanship is undertaken to the correct standards.
- Undertakes workmanship ensuring the work area is clean, safe, and tidy at all times.
- Uses correct work materials for the contract. Ensures that all materials are used in a cost effective manner by only preparing product which will be used immediately.
- Uses power tools and machinery as required and trained in the use of to aid manufacturing processes. All machine and power tool risk assessments must be strictly followed and adhered to at all times.
- Is able to apply cement and grout using the correct bonding methods and tools. Must be able to identify and repair concrete defects to correct specification.
- All PPE requirements must be strictly adhered to, particularly dust masks, gloves, overalls, boots.
- Must mix cement and grout using the specified guidelines. Mixes must be accurately measured using measuring utensils. The mixing action must be to the specified time.
- Some raw materials need specialist preparation. This must be undertaken exactly as works instructions stipulate.
- Must have a good understanding of concrete and grout curing times and be able to plan secondary activities around the curing times.
- Signs off any quality documentation related to the contract or internal procedures as and when required.
- Maintains equipment by completing any internal/external preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs to equipment.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications, attending any training courses, or toolbox talks as the company sees fit.
- Takes full responsibility for his/her workmanship and is accountable for his/her actions at all times.
- To comply with the requirements of the company’s ISO 9001:2015 Quality system
Finisher and Qualifications:
Ideally has at least three years’ experience in a similar role. Able to think for themselves, is a good communicator, is able to read and understand works instructions, has a good working knowledge of measuring equipment and hand tools. Is a self-starter with an enthusiastic “can do” attitude.