Location: South London (Lambeth, Bromley, Southwark, etc.)
Salary & Benefits: £26,102 per annum
Working Hours: Full time (initially 1 year fixed term contract an opportunity to be extended)
The Company: Our client is the UK’s leading charity supporting disabled people. For over 65 years they have supported disabled people in many different ways, to reflect their needs including providing care in people’s own homes, through to employment and education
The Role: Employment Adviser-South London
You will carry out initial assessments and on-going monitoring of progress to ensure effective progression to employment, engaging with a range of employers to identify suitable job opportunities to get the right person into the right job with the right organisation. The post holder will then work with the individuals and their new employers to provide support, guidance and assistance in the work place.
Key Responsibilities to include:- Employment Adviser-South London ( Lambeth, Bromley, Southwark, etc.)
- To undertake initial and on-going assessment of clients’ pre-employment support needs in order to formulate development plans which enable clients to achieve their goals.
- To assist clients in their search for work and actively seek out and secure suitable employment which match client’s skills, experience and aspirations.
- To manage, develop and support a caseload of jobseekers, providing encouragement, training, brokerage, and co-ordination of activities including development planning, effective monitoring and guidance that will ensure progression to employment, with an emphasis on movement toward sustained unsupported employment where appropriate.
- To engage with employers to identify suitable job/work opportunities for clients and provide the link between employers and clients supporting both parties to get the right person into the right job with the right organisation.
- To undertake on going assessment of clients’ pre and post-employment support needs in order to add to development plans which enable clients to achieve their short term and long term goals and assist them in their search for work and actively seek out and secure suitable employment which match client’s skills, experience and aspirations.
- To participate in case conferences with colleagues, contractors, the employer and JCP staff as appropriate when appropriate, once clients are offered a position in order to ensure the client receives a smooth transition in to supported employment.
- To carry out appropriate workplace Health and Safety assessments when clients are offered a position, and liaise with the employer to ensure appropriate adjustments are made and continued compliance.
- To support the employer/client in accessing access to work funds as appropriate once they have secured a job to help with any required reasonable adjustments and additional job support in the work place.
- To work within a quality framework ensuring that services delivered meet the standards required of the contract(s).
- To perform any other duties required for the post and are commensurate with the level of responsibility.
The Candidate: Employment Adviser-South London ( Lambeth, Bromley, Southwark, etc.)
We are looking for candidates who enjoy dealing with people and have an aptitude for good customer service and administration. Previous experience in working within this type of role is not essential however highly advantageous. You will need to demonstrate good communications skills and ability understand the needs of the customers.
Key Experience preferred for the role:- Employment Adviser-South London
- A background within employment / careers / work to welfare is a distinct advantage, but experience of employer engagement to source opportunities is essential
- Experience of working with disabled people is highly desirable
- L3 qualification in IAG or equivalent is desirable
- IT Literate and great administrative skills
- Experience in dealing with customers face to face
- Educational standards of GSCE English – preferred at Grade C or above
- An engaging manner with ability to build rapport with people
- A reliable approach to work
- Willing to travel across South London area essential
You will be sent an online questionnaire to support your CV and Covering Letter, please fill in the details and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps.