Editor/ Channel Manager
Job title: Editor/ Channel Manager
Salary: 32,000 – 37,000 GBP
Start date: 03 January 2018.
Closing date: 31 January 2018
We’re looking for an extraordinarily talented Editor/ Channel Manager) to lead an exciting new project building up Newsflare’s owned social media channels.
We want someone who’s equal parts creative livewire and audience development guru. You’ll have an obsession with what’s going viral on social media and why, innovative ideas and production skills, insight on what makes a world-class media brand, ninja skills in analytics, engagement and optimisation and excellent contacts across the social media landscape. You’ll also be a true pioneer spirit, wanting to build something big from scratch and you’ll know how to organise and inspire a small team of creatives to do so.
More than ever before content publishers are relying on everyday people to capture video footage of breaking events, nature, sports and viral funnies. Newsflare uses its proprietary tech platform as a marketplace to license video content from the general public to broadcasters, digital media brands, ad agencies and production companies across 30 countries. In addition to this Newsflare is now building up its own media brands which operate as a shop window for this same video content and as a business in their own right, and that's where you fit in!
- Take the lead in planning, producing, publishing & sharing brilliant user-originated viral video content packages across social platforms, meeting commercial and creative targets.
- Set up & use analytics to inform and shape an owned-channels content strategy and the development, launch and growth of new channels and formats within that strategy.
- Manage a small editorial team using video, text, image, graphics and emerging social storytelling formats to build an audience of mass scale, expertly developing tone of voice whilst working within compliance and rights frameworks.
- Develop and support the optimisation, promotion and engagement around postings and of the channels as a whole in order to maximise content visibility.
- Build deep and lasting relationships with third-party social publishers and creatives in order to bring both talent and a share network to the benefit of Newsflare's channel output.
Skills and Experience:
- Extensive experience in social media content production, editorial and channel management.
- Under-the-bonnet understanding of all significant and emerging social media platforms.
- Proven talent in digital storytelling with basic video and image editing skills essential.
- A passion for viral video and the opportunities in video shot by the public (UGC).
- An extensive and powerful network of contacts benefitting both production and sharing strategies
- Expert in best practice for social discovery.
- Knowledge of journalistic standards, compliance and licensing terms.
- A thirst for data insights, what they mean & how to use them.
- Ability to inspire, manage & mentor a team.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Be able to communicate fluently