DEPARTMENT: Motcomb Street Shop
JOB TITLE: General Manager
RESPONSIBLE TO: Company Director
To become the General Manager, taking responsibility for the two parts of the Motcomb Street operation: the Cheese Shop and A Table (the eat-in experience).
- To manage the operation on a day-to-day basis: shop, eat-in and kitchen.
- To build relationships with customers and suppliers.
- To ensure the highest quality customer experience at all times.
- To follow and maintain a food safety system that demonstrates that due diligence is being observed.
- To recruit, train and oversee the teams (including setting rotas and managing absences, and conducting appraisals and managing performance), so as to deliver the highest standard of food quality, hygiene, cleanliness and customer service.
- To make a crucial contribution to the customer offer, including but not restricted to:
- To become (more of) an expert in cheese specifically, and charcuterie and wine preferably, and fine food naturally.
- To place orders, and manage deliveries, stock and purchase invoices.
- To ensure that ‘cashing up’ is accurate.
- To be responsible for bank takings and cheques, and the maintenance of records.
- To control the petty cash system.
- To take responsibility for the security of the premises, its upkeep, and the upkeep/maintenance of furnishings and equipment.
- To manage internal and external events.
- To support the company’s wholesale activities, both retail and foodservice.
This document does not contain an exhaustive list of duties/responsibilities and should not be read as such.