Web Analytics Manager
- Full Time
Are you a statistically minded and forward thinking Web Analytics Manager wanting to join a fast paced team?
A new role has arisen for a web analytics manager within our global publishing business.
The Web Analytics Manager is responsible for the end-to-end management of Emerald's web analytics implementations and SEO strategy; from the deployment of the appropriate tools and code, through the collection of data, to reporting and recommendation for web page improvements.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that all of the necessary data is being captured to enable search engine optimisation, web page optimisation and optimisation of paths through the site for our various websites and user personas. Working with available analytics & reporting tools, they will present this data to Emerald's Product and Marketing teams in a compelling way to enable them to make accurate and timely decisions about online product developments and marketing activities. They will also be responsible for managing A/B and multivariate testing of pages/functionality as well as performing deep-dive analysis.
The role is both hands on and strategic; with the successful candidate expected to write and implement code as well as help in setting the SEO/web analytics strategy for the business.
- Work closely with technical staff on implementation of those requirements by ensuring that the necessary code is added to applications to enable analytics tools to gather data
- Administrate Emerald's web analytics tools to ensure they are properly configured and user accounts have the correct permissions
- Manage the business' web analytics reporting, including report design and build.
- Manage the design, implementation and analysis of A/B and multivariate testing to enable informed decisions to be made.
- Monitor trends in device and browser usage (of content), web traffic sources and overall website activity/performance
- Manage integrations with web analytics tools and other systems within the business.
- Execute quantitative analysis from multiple data sources.
- Deep analysis of customer behaviour on the website.
Web Analytics Manager | SEO | Web Analysis | Execute Quantitative Analysis | Web Analytics | Multivariate Testing | A/B | Statistical Techniques
- Excellent knowledge of the use of web analytics tools and methodologies
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programs with advanced skills in the use of Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal & influencing skills
- Good project management and prioritization skills
- Excellent attention to detail and highly accurate
- Ability to analyse and draw insight from complex sets of data
- The ability to turn insights into actionable business priorities
- The ability to present insights in a compelling way
- An understanding of the visual display of quantitative information and a knowledge of statistical techniques
- Previous demonstrable experience of working with a number of web analytics tools such as Google Analytics, WebTrends or Adobe Site Catalyst
- Proven experience of working with Optimizely, WebTrends Optimise or Adobe Target.
About Our Company:
We are a global publisher, whose products and services help customers make decisions that count based on research that matters. The company manages a portfolio of more than 300 journals, over 2,500 books and book series volumes, and over 500 teaching case studies, as well as providing an extensive range of online products and additional customer resources and services.
We define ourselves differently:
We champion research that makes a difference in the real world. Throughout our 50 year history, we've adapted and evolved but remain an independent business, completely focused on the needs of our communities. We're proud of where we've come from as well as where we're heading.
What matters to us:
Individuality: We have a strong sense of character, independence and spirit.
Ambition: We strive to go beyond what's possible to delight our customers.
Purpose: Our entire motivation is to help our communities achieve better outcomes.
Curiosity: We listen, learn and challenge the status quo, paying attention to the details that matter.
Trust: Our open and responsive culture empowers people, creating transparency, responsibility and respect.