Project Coordinator – Growing Communities
To establish and promote the new Growing Communities project across Breckland and West Norfolk.
The Growing Communities project is funded by the Big Lottery Fund until January 2021. The project is working in local delivery partnership with Family Action and the ESCAPE allotment site in Swaffham. The Programme is managed by Garden Organic, the UK's leading organic growing charity dedicated to researching and promoting organic gardening, farming and food.
- Aims to recruit, train and support community volunteers, Master Gardeners and others, to act as food growing mentors/ambassadors in their neighbourhoods. Master Gardeners will promote the benefits of ‘growing your own’ and provide advice and hands-on support for people taking part.
The Project Co-ordinator
- Ensure the Master Gardener model is successfully established in Breckland and West Norfolk.
- Maintain close working relationships with Family Action, our local delivery partners.
- Has strong knowledge/experience of working in communities and managing volunteers, as well as an enthusiasm for food growing,
- Local knowledge of Breckland/West Norfolk is desirable, together with experience of working with community groups/initiatives in these areas.
- Hours: 28 hours/week
- Contract: Until January 2021
- Salary: £19,800 pro rata
- Location: Swaffham Community Centre, Campingland, Swaffham PE37 7RB
This post is funded by the National Lottery through the Big Lottery Fund
Application Closing date: Thursday 18th January 2018
Interviews: Week Commencing 22nd January 2018
For an informal conversation, please contact: Sally Gardner, Head of Sustainable Communities on 024 7621 7741
For job description and application form, please visit http://www.gardenorganic.org.uk/jobs/ or contact
Garden Organic, Ryton, Coventry, CV8 3LG
024 7630 8225