Buyer (Production Control)
Buyer (Production Control) - Standard days
The Production Control team currently have an exciting opportunity for a Buyer to join their department who will report directly to the Production Control Senior Supervisor.
Hours of work:
Monday – Thursday 8.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. Friday 8.00 a.m. – 1.00 p.m.
The main duties and responsibilities for this role include:
- Compiling monthly MRP reports and subsequent placement of Purchase orders in a timely manner.
- Working closely with Engineers to provide low costs on direct material purchases.
- Manage all vendors ensuring they optimise performance and full compliance.
- Support supplier Audits in line with ISO90001 and green purchasing guidelines.
- Provide analytical reports.
- Support the Commercial Supervisor and Planners in ad-hoc tasks.
- Report on KPI’s.
- Source new vendors.
- Price Management.
The successful candidate must have:
- Be qualified or studying towards CIPS or equivalent.
- Be computer literate; competent with Excel, Microsoft word, Powerpoint.
- Have experience with SAP.
- Have excellent written communication.
• Pension Scheme up to 12 % employer contributions.
• Life assurance up to 4 x annual salary.
• Voluntary lifestyle benefit scheme.
• 31 days holiday (incl Bank holidays).
• Discounted Manchester United home game tickets.
• Discounted Epson products and consumables.
• Onsite occupational health, physiotherapist and counsellor services.
• Company Sick Pay scheme.
• Free secure parking onsite.