ANALYST (International Education)
ANALYST (International Education)
Hours of Work:
- 8.30am to 17.00pm or 9.00am –to17.30pm
- Monday to Friday
- £25 – 30k per annum (subject to skills and experience) plus benefits
UK NARIC is the designated United Kingdom national agency for the recognition and comparison of international qualifications and skills. It performs this official function on behalf of the UK Government.
UK NARIC also offers research and consultancy and we are looking to recruit analysts to join our growing International Projects Group and support delivery of education-focussed research and evaluation reports for a diverse client base that includes exam boards, universities, government agencies and professional bodies. We're looking for someone who thinks analytically and is able to review qualitative and sometimes quantitative data to produce clear, reasoned and insightful analysis. The ideal candidate will be able to write engaging and well-structured reports for a range of audiences and be able to demonstrate a genuine interest in international education, research and analysis. The work we do is solutions-focussed, aimed at providing bespoke research and analysis to meet the specific and varying needs of our clients so above all, it’s important that individuals are enthusiastic, committed, able to work well on their own initiative, and have a genuine aptitude and appetite for problem-solving.
The role is likely to include some UK and international travel (potentially 3-4 times a year of 3-5 days' duration).
Key responsibilities include:
- Conducting detailed research and analytical work as a member of the team and / or individually
- Drafting high quality research and evaluation reports for external clients
- Managing projects, liaising with clients throughout the project lifecycle to project completion and post-project consultation as needed
- Supporting with other tasks, as necessary and directed.
Qualifications and Experience
- A completed and certified Bachelor degree from a UK University
One of the following:
- A general teaching qualification
- A qualification in teaching a second language (e.g. TEFL, MFL)
- A postgraduate qualification
- A project management qualification
At least three years’ experience in a research or analytical role
Experience in any one of the following areas would be an advantage:
- Education research and analysis
- Market research and analysis
- Qualification / Curriculum design / development.
- Research and analytical skills
- Excellent report-writing skills, with the ability to synthesise complex information clearly for a range of audiences
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills in order to create and maintain relationships with colleagues and clients at all levels
- The ability to manage own time and workload effectively, to ensure deadlines are met whilst maintaining high quality standards
- A successful track record in the management and/or delivery of projects.
- An innovative approach to work with an aptitude for problem-solving and a willingness to continually evaluate and improve practices
- Assertive, professional and credible in all business communications
- Committed, and willing to be flexible on occasions in order to meet demands
- Fluent verbal and written English Language skills minimum IELTS 6.5 or C1 CEFR
Closing date: 22nd January 2018
Interview date: Thursday 8th February 2018
Interview venue: UK NARIC, ECCTIS LTD, Suffolk House, 68-70 Suffolk Road, Cheltenham, Glos GL50 2ED
We do not conduct interviews and testing remotely.
Applicants must have permission to live and work in the UK.