Team Leader - Planned
1 day left
- Full Time
An exciting opportunity has arisen within Property Services for the permanent post of Team Leader - Planned. The role involves supervision and management of all directly employed operatives and sub-contractors to ensure that planned maintenance, investment programme works and voids component replacement works are carried out in accordance with the appropriate drawings, specification and budget.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Support the Works Operations Manager and Head of Maintenance in the management and delivery of planned works across the Group
- Ensure appropriate contract management for Property Services including management of contractors supporting planned works delivery
- Ensure compliance with all relevant Health & Safety legislation including the requirements of the CDM 2015 regulations.
- Support the Planned Team in their delivery of planned works programmes
- Deal with contractual queries and problems; monitor contractor performance; Investigate issues relating to contractor performance
- Identify scheme risks and implement appropriate risk management actions as necessary (e.g. health and safety, CDM 2015, compliance - delivering any resulting action plans)
- Day to day management of Planned Works Team and Technical Officers.
Skills and qualities:
- Ability to deal with customers in a professional, customer focused manner, over the telephone, in writing and face to face
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with a diverse range of people and take account of their views.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude to change and have the ability and willingness to identify opportunities to improve performance.
Qualifications and work experience:
- BTEC/HNC - Building related subjects and/or a time-served trades person with supervisory experience.
- At least 5 years’ experience working in the relevant discipline within the Building Industry.
- Experience of managing a multi-trade and multi-skilled workforce for at least 2 years.
- Experience of building inspections related to domestic and commercial maintenance work (Planned Works, Voids and Responsive Repairs team leader discipline); electrical installations (electrical team leader discipline); gas installations (gas team leader discipline) .
- Experience of planning and pricing building or services works (appropriate to your discipline) for maintenance and programmed works,
- Experience of budget management and control.
To find out more information about this role, please click below to view the job description and person specification.
Interviews will take place on Tuesday 6th February 2018 or Wednesday 7th February 2018