Are you an outstanding administrator with finance knowledge?
Do you have excellent communication skills and experience of supporting a team?
We currently have an exciting opportunity to join our Finance team in our business based in Marlow. This role is a 6 month contract with potential to become a permanent position for the right candidate who is looking for a challenging role in an end to end Credit Control function.
Working alongside the Credit Manager and team you will play a key role in the maintenance of all company master data information. You will be responsible for opening new accounts, making all required amendments to customer details including name, address and credit limit. You will play an integral role in supporting the credit control function to reduce the debtor ledger balances through the effective management of relationships and communications with internal and external stakeholders
- To contribute as an individual within a structured finance team and be able to manage priorities and deliver team objectives
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date records of all cases and ensuring all written processes and procedures are adhered to at all times
- To open new accounts and ensure all relevant information has been submitted
- To review existing account Credit Limits and obtain Credit Insurance on relevant customers
- To obtain Credit Checks for existing and new Accounts
- To prepare and oversee any Credit Referrals
- To liaise with internal staff at all levels and external customers both for information and for the purpose of resolving any account issues
Finance | Administrator | Admin | Accounts | Customer Service | Credit | Master Data |
- Ability to reconcile complex accounts and have excellent attention to detail.
- Must be computer literate with knowledge of MS Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Possess strong communication and influencing skills both written and spoken.
- An ability to communicate at all levels
- A self-starter with a proactive approach and the ability to show initiative and work without supervision and direction
- Ability to deal with difficult and demanding stakeholders and maintain a calm and positive attitude when working under pressure
- An excellent team player who is flexible and have empathy with team members whilst maintaining the focus necessary to achieve the required objectives
- Able to be a credible representative of the company with the in-depth knowledge of business processes
- Prior experience using Navision would be advantageous.
- Previous experience and a good knowledge of the postal industry and its regulatory environment would be advantageous though not essential
About Our Company:
Whistl is the second largest postal provider in the UK with an exciting range of mail, parcels and Doordrop media products and services, both in the UK and internationally. Each year we collect, sort, send and transport up to 4 billion items of mail and parcels for businesses, as well as handling, planning and managing millions of Doordrop items.
About The Team:
We are a small, close knit team that support each other, working collaboratively to deliver first class service. Lead by our Senior Financial Controller, our teams are divided into 4 key transactional functions, treasury, accounts payable, credit control and payroll. We are not a typical finance department. For starters we are not dull or boring, we are forward thinking and innovative and we take pride in delivering and maintaining the highest levels of customer satisfaction that the industry has to offer, as well as keeping a close eye on the Whistl purse strings because our core fundamental belief is that every successful business needs strong financial management that enables them to make good business decisions. And that is what we do best.
Apply for Finance Administrator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly