Our Client based in Manchester has an exciting opportunity for a Surveyor/Analyst to join their global organisation.
The successful candidate will be responsible for conducting asbestos consultancy work at sites throughout the UK including asbestos surveys, asbestos air tests, and provision of advice and project management.
- Accurate interpretation of job card instructions and subsequent accurate identification & safe sampling of suspect acm's.
- Subsequent accurate assessment of asbestos removal works, detection of asbestos debris and ensuring the site complies with the requirements of HSG 247 clearance test.
- Account management for specific clients.
- Timely processing of samples and production of final report.
- To actively enhance professional development by attending monthly tool box talks and any other training sessions.
- To cooperate with the QC department including completion of the required audit schedule.
- Actively seek and promote opportunities.
- Assist in the education of less experienced team members.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent communication and customer facing skills.
- Understanding of basic building techniques and terminology.
- In depth knowledge of asbestos containing materials and where they can be found in houses, buildings and other structures.
- Excellent understanding of air monitoring, clearance testing and asbestos removal management.
- Excellent knowledge of UK asbestos legislation.
- Understanding the risks associated with acm's.
- In depth knowledge of asbestos management techniques
- Ability to accurately price asbestos surveys and air tests
- Ability to arrange minor asbestos removal works
Skills and Qualifications:
- Asbestos surveyor/analyst experience
- Experience in project management of asbestos survey or air test work.
- Experience in asbestos management and removal.
- P402, P403, P404, Certificates.
- CCP (Asbestos).
- P405 and/or P406 Certificates
- Health & Safety qualifications.
- Project management qualifications.
Salary: £28-30K plus a company vehicle