2 days left
- Part Time
Job Title: Team Manager - Islington - Supported Living Services Medium and Low Support
Job type: permanent - 30 hours
Open Date: Friday 8 February 2019
Closing Date: Sunday 24 February 2019
Interview Date: Tuesday 5 March 2019
We would like to bring to your attention an exciting opportunity that has become available in Supported Living Services in Islington, this could be the next step in your career progression to expand your knowledge and experience of Management.
We are recruiting for an enthusiastic and committed Team Manager to lead and motivate our teams to provide meaningful support that will make a real difference to our the people we support who receive care and support in our Islington supported living services.
The services that you would be managing are:
* 1 x hour medium supported living service with a waking night support for 14 individuals with learning disabilities within a medium support service
* 2 x 3 bedroom shared houses for individuals with learning disabilities that will be under a new service model of core and flexible support services delivery within an individual service fund model. This is a medium support service.
* A low support service for people with learning disabilities that runs on a more outreach style of service deliver for 18 individuals living in self -contained accommodation.
Experience and Skills
You will be required to:
Develop and motivate Deputy Managers / Support Coordinators and support workers to be positive and enthusiastic about their work and to deliver high quality and personalised support.
* Work with the Deputy Managers / Support Coordinators to develop systems to enable support hours to be used creatively and flexibly to meet the needs of the people we support.
* Lead teams to develop support plans and risk assessments that reflect the people we support' needs, preferences and aspirations; creating a culture where plans are actively implemented and reviewed so that the people we support are supported in the way that they want.
* Work with the multidisciplinary team, including families/relatives to deliver a service that meets and aims to exceed the expectations of the people we support we support, their funders and the local authority.
* Share our values to engage, enable and empower vulnerable adults to make a positive difference to their lives.
You will be able to easily interpret and apply policy into practice including principles and practices of safeguarding adults at risk, financial management and health and safety. Using your knowledge and skills, you will develop your team by providing leadership, through motivating and inspiring the best
The role from time to time will require working evenings, weekends and bank holidays on a rota basis, and on occasions covering for sleep ins. Part of the role could involve support worker frontline support delivery on occasion stepping in as needed.
We offer you:
* Full training
* Competitive salary
* Flexible working hours
* Up to 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time)
* An occupational sick pay scheme
* Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
* Death in service life cover
* Pension scheme
* Annual leave purchase scheme
* Travel Loans
Outward is a registered charity and part of The Newlon Group. We are run by a group of committed volunteers - our Board of Trustees. We provide care and support services, mainly across north and east London, to support a range of vulnerable people towards improved choice and greater independence, including; those who have experienced street homelessness.
Please visit our website to view the job description and to apply via our online recruitment platform - https://www.outward.org.uk/vacancy.php?id=315
If you would like and informal chat, please call the recruitment team on 0208 709 9170.
This role require an Enhanced DBS check that Outward will fund.