Senior Investment Proposition Manager
Senior Investment Proposition Manager
Salary: ??55k - ??65k DOE
Benefits: 12% Bonus at Target, Double Matched Pension, 28 + 8 Days Leave, PMI, Flex Benefits
Royal London is the largest mutual life, pensions and investment company in the UK, with Group funds under management of ??114 billion and latest ProfitShare pay out to members of ??142 million. Group businesses provide around 9.0 million policies and employ 3,669 people. (Figures quoted are as at 10 May 2018).
Founded as a Friendly Society in a London coffee shop in 1861, Royal London started out with the aim to help people avoid the stigma of a pauper's grave. Since then we have been helping people help themselves and are committed to delivering the best value for customers and putting members first.
We have an exciting Permanent opportunity for a Senior Investment Proposition Manager to join the Proposition Investment Solutions Team in Edinburgh.
Investment Solutions identify and exploit market opportunities for innovative investment solutions which meet the needs of Royal London's target customers.
The Senior Investment Proposition Manager will demonstrate insight and original thought in understanding and interpreting the impact of investment on customer outcomes, and turning this into clear and actionable communications (articles, presentations, PR-able content) for distribution into our Sales force and the wider adviser community. You will also deliver high quality investment presentations to sales, advisers, employers and trustees which create confidence in Royal London's investment capabilities.
As Senior you will be an SME within the team, acting as a role model for your colleagues and taking an active role in proposition development and promotion, strong collaboration and knowledge sharing. As such, you will have proven Investments and Pensions and knowledge as well as proven experience in delivering high quality investment presentations to sales, advisers, employers and trustees.
- Create and deliver appropriate presentation material and written articles to support investment proposition message
- Provide expert input at meetings and seminars as appropriate
- Represent and articulate the Royal London company view with external parties - principally advisers but also trade press (subject to media training guidelines), market commentators and relevant industry forums
- Create compelling drumbeat material communicated through adviser newsletters, webinars, social media and face to face
- Act as RLI relationship manager to our fund manager partners (internal and external)
- Support fund due diligence, reporting and provision of material for relevant governance committees
- Provide SME input and act as a role model and support for rest of team
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- An expert in your chosen field of pensions and investment
- An in depth understanding of investment matters (ideally IMC qualified or equivalent)
- Proven experience with creation and delivery of compelling presentations at exhibitions/events
- Experience of building communications material for consultants to use with intermediaries
- Ideally media trained with experience of speaking to trade journalists
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to engage with customers and key, cross-functional stakeholders in the business.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships
- Analytical ability, and able to translate complex issues into reports and/or marketable messages
- Experience of retail pension products, IFA distribution channels and the challenges they face in the current regulatory climate would be highly beneficial
- A detailed knowledge and understanding of the financial services industry and the legislative/regulatory framework.
- Ability to work to tight timescales and self-manage conflicting priorities
- Drive for Continuous Improvement
- Strong influencing skills and leadership ability
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Excellent team working skills
- Proactive, confident and agile approach to work
- Good sense of humour!
- Willingness to travel regularly (drivers licence not required)
Royal London is an equal opportunities employer. We work hard to attract the best talent for our award-winning team. We believe that embracing difference makes us stronger. Our diverse people bring us different skills - whatever their educational background, disability, gender, age, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
We will consider flexible working arrangements for all our roles. We also welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break.
To apply, please use the 'Apply Online' link below.
For any further queries regarding the role, please contact (see below)