Senior Support Worker - Unit Manager
To coordinate, manage and lead the staff team of support/key workers ensuring that the service delivery is of a high standard. To provide practical and emotional support to young people throughout their transition to adulthood ensuring that individual needs are met. To support young people to gain the required skill set for independent living and to achieve positive outcomes. To provide a safe environment for all young people to live, applying safeguarding measures to protect young people from harm and abuse. To conduct staff supervisions and appraisals, and monitor the overall performance of the staff team.
- To manage the day-to-day running of the service and lead staff team.
- Complete the monthly rota for support staff ensuring young people’s appointments and meetings are covered.
- Conduct monthly meetings with the staff team.
- Oversee the running of the service to ensure paperwork is up to date, policies, procedures, protocols and guidelines are being followed by staff, monitor young people and their progress in achieving positive outcomes through weekly monitoring checks.
- Conduct weekly fire alarm tests and monthly fire drills.
- Distribute monthly reports to respective social workers ensuring that they are of a high standard and capture all events in each young person’s life at present.
- Ensure policies, procedures and protocols are being followed by staff.
- Conduct supervisions and appraisals with support staff.
- Report any maintenance and repairs to maintenance team and follow repair status through until they are actioned and completed.
- Complete initial risk assessments for each young person.
- To liaise with respective social workers, reporting concerns, and to attend all social worker meetings.
- To apply safeguarding measures ensuring that they are implemented into the work practice of the staff team.
- To take overall responsibility of ensuring staff and young people maintain the cleanliness of the home.
- To support young people on a day-to-day basis ensuring that their individual needs are met.
- To prompt, encourage and empower young people.
- Ensure young people are registered with the relevant health professionals, prompting them to attend to their health needs.
- Work in partnership with local authorities to deliver an exceptional service to the young people placed within our service.
- Report any concerns or issues, ensuring that information sharing and data protection policies and procedures are followed.
- Promote equality and diversity within the service.
- To monitor outcomes for all young people and provide support and advice in order for outcomes to be achieved.
- Assess young people’s readiness to live independently, planning and supporting for move-on accommodation, drawing up and implementing a resettlement plan.
- To provide information and consult with young people about the support services available to them, and to actively encourage young people’s engagement.
- To develop specialist knowledge as required by the needs of young people and the service we deliver.
PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT & GENERAL TERMS OF REFERENCE
- Seek to improve own performance and contribution.
- Keep abreast of developments in policy and services to young people.
- Seek to improve own knowledge and skills.
- Ensure the implementation of the company’s Equal Opportunities Policy in the widest sense.
- To work Monday-Sunday shifts as required to ensure the delivery of an accessible and quality service to young people.
- To carry out such other relevant work as the Operations Manager requires.
- To complete mandatory training to further knowledge and skills and to keep up to date with the latest laws, legislation and guidelines.
- To attend monthly manager’s meetings as planned by the Operations Manager.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £27000 - £29500 per annum.
Development opportunities: Progression and training will be provided to the right candidate to develop themselves for Operations Manager roles within the organisation.
Apply for Senior Support Worker - Unit Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly