Vehicle Trials Systems Engineer
Senior Vehicle Systems Engineer is required to provide Engineering expertise into the Survivability Team.
The candidate will work within a team of engineers reporting to the Lead Survivability Engineer and will be given responsibility for aspects of the Engineering activity associated primarily with the Survivability solution. The role requires a breadth of engineering skills combined with good people skills and a 'can do' attitude to deliver on time, on cost to support a demanding programme schedule. An ability to learn quickly on the job and be a proactive self-starter will be required
Typical activities will include:
- Survivability support to system design activities.
- Preparing, overseeing and reporting Survivability trials at both sub system and vehicle level.
- Root cause analysis and investigation relating to the Survivability domain product as required.
- Support to production activities relating to the Survivability domain product.
- Preparation, configuration and change management of Survivability related Engineering artefacts (specifications, interface control documents, test specifications, test reports etc.).
- Liaison with the customer during design reviews/workshops etc.
- Liaison with subcontractors including governance and design reviews/workshops.
- System and Sub-system issues management and resolution including reporting.
- Support the change management process for sub-contract and customer contract changes.
- Provide information and metrics to the Team Lead to enable management reporting.
The successful candidate will have the below skills:
- Demonstrable, significant, proven experience in the production of high quality design documentation and artefacts.
- Technical experience in the application of systems engineering processes in a design and development environment.
- Demonstrable, significant, proven experience in the management and delivery of test activities
- Proven ability to perform structured trade studies and decision making.
- Demonstrable, significant, proven experience in interfacing with suppliers and customers.
- Pro-active approach to resolution of issues.
Candidates must be willing to undergo a security vetting procedure.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Modis International Ltd UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information