Graduate Trainee Analyst/Developers
The Port of London Authority (PLA) is responsible for 95 miles of the River Thames from the Estuary to Teddington Lock in West London. We work to keep river users safe, protect and enhance the environment and promote the use of the river for trade and travel. The IT team develops and supports a diverse range of computer systems for our 400+ users; from specialised real-time applications for scheduling marine pilots and managing shipping right through to industry-standard line-of-business systems.
The PLA's Digital Transformation Strategy comprises a large number of exciting and challenging IT projects, and to successfully deliver this we need to recruit additional team members. We are therefore seeking three enthusiastic trainee Analyst/Developers to join our Business Applications team within the Information Technology department.
Working on our operational and admin systems, we are seeking graduates with a positive 'can do' attitude and a desire to adopt and implement new technologies to help drive efficiencies in our business. You will be customer focussed, a team player, driven to achieve deadlines and have good interpersonal and analytical skills.
The successful candidates will be involved in a broad range of activities within a busy IT department which includes configuring, developing and supporting systems, as well as ascertaining user requirements and managing projects. You must also be prepared to support key systems outside normal working hours.
You should have hands-on technical knowledge and experience of the following, but you will also be given appropriate training and mentoring to develop your skills:
- Database management systems (SQL), data analysis tools/techniques and extracting data for reports
- Web development/programming
- Mobile technologies
- Microsoft Applications & Systems incl. VBA & macros.
Successful candidates will also need to have the following skills and experience:
- The ability to communicate technical detail to users in a language they understand
- Produce written reports & system documentation
- Confident to actively participate in meetings including presenting ideas to IT colleagues, PLA users and managers
- Research, investigate, solve problems, propose solutions and come up with new ideas
- Some experience of working on projects and project management
- Knowledge of how a business functions and the technology used in the workplace.
- Salary: ??25,000 per year
- Job Type: Full time, Permanent
- Based: Gravesend, Kent
To apply, please visit our website by clicking the APPLY button and complete an application form.
The initial closing date is 15 th March 2019. However, applications will be reviewed on a rolling ongoing basis until positions are filled so we suggest you apply early to avoid disappointment.