BI User Interface Specialist
BI User Interface Specialist
Salary: £32,240 to £37,610 per Annum
Based in: Marlow
Additional Package Info: Pension Annual Bonus
Has anyone ever told you that you are outstanding at what you do?
We are looking for a fearless and talented individual like you who can join our mission to be the best that the industry has to offer.
We want you to bring your unique set of skills and experience to a special place where you can reach your true potential.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work alongside a team of dedicated professionals and experts that are truly some of the best in their field. You will receive all the training you need to fast track yourself to success. If you are looking for a career, with genuine opportunities to move up the ladder, then we are a company that want to help you, guide you and inspire you to achieve your full potential.
The role requires helping create, support and maintain the company’s main BI system, data dictionary, system and application catalogues. You will also ensure alignment with business processes and maintain data quality throughout IT-managed systems. The role requires considerable technical aptitude or experience drawn from multiple disciplines including Application Development, Solutions Architect and/or Systems Analyst.
You will be expected to build and maintain excellent working relationships with all key stakeholders such as IT Application Owners, Business Process Owners, BI Development Managers and Development Teams. You will provide essential support for both business and IT for ongoing improvement of data and alignment of data to systems and processes.
This includes software development for which, if you don’t have this knowledge, we will train and develop your skills. This also includes performing root cause analyses on data and data definition issues in conjunction with both business and IT and other maintenance and support activities. Because this role will map, document and model data and processes from the entire application landscape the ability to engage with many stakeholders – both business and IT – is critical, but also will allow you to understand the wider business impact and allow for job enrichment.
BI System | BI User Interface | Interface Specialist | IT Systems | User Interface | IT | Software Development
- Interest in computers, data mining, designing user interfaces, connecting with the users’ needs and supporting them with visual information to drive productivity, quality and operational improvements.
- You’re clever, inquisitive, curious by nature and won’t stop asking questions until you understand how complex things work.
- You enjoy making and improving things through designing and creating reports to deliver business and management information to the business.
- An analytical mind that naturally finds patterns and structure
- Self-starter with a drive to succeed and learn, working to and maintaining high quality standards of work against strict deadlines
- Excellent at acquiring knowledge of new technology and working you way around environments that aren’t rigidly defined, ability to make a lot from a little
- Fast learner, ability to quickly gain knowledge of business processes and procedures
- Ability to solve problems and able to question and prioritise requirements
- Ability to challenge the status quo across the business
- Ability to assess the needs of management with regards to reporting and statistical analysis
- Ability to map, produce and present high quality documentation from the entire application landscape (reports, specifications, requirements, etc.)
- Good team working skills
- Strong communication skills, confident in dealing with colleagues and users at all levels
- A flexible approach to an ever changing environment and a can do attitude
- Professional and courteous approach at all times, confident, a person who will be comfortable talking to business owners from across departments
- Considerable technical aptitude or experience drawn from multiple disciplines including Application Development, Solutions Architect and/or Systems Analyst
- Good UIX design skills and excellent attention to detail
- Graph visualisation techniques
- Data analysis and analytical skills
- MS Excel (Intermediate or higher)
- Understanding of all Whistl core business processes
- SQL Programming (Ability to support the department with designing database views and running ad-hoc queries/requests from SQL, training can be given)
- A background of data administration, management (ideally in a Data Warehouse)
- Data Warehousing, data modelling techniques
About Our Company:
Whistl is changing the face of mail in the UK with an exciting range of mail, parcels and doordrop media products and services, both in the UK and internationally. Whistl process over 26% of all the UK's mail. Each year we collect, sort, send and transport 4 billion items of addressed mail, packets and parcels for businesses just like yours, as well as handling planning and managing millions of doordrop items.