Health & Social Care Manager
Job Title: Health & Social Care Manager
Employed by: Bassetlaw Action Centre
Hours per week: 35 hours – exact hours to be advised
Salary: £18,200 per year
Holiday Entitlement: 28 days per year (pro-rata).
Accountable to: Preventative Services Manager - Line Manager, appointed by the Trustees and responsible to the Management Committee. The Line Manager is responsible for providing induction, regular supervision and support, continuing training opportunities, appraisal and review.
Responsible for: The management of Health and Social Care work streams and all staff/volunteers within those work streams . This role is to be carried out in an efficient and accurate manner and ensure that the organisation is portrayed in an efficient and professional manner.
Aims of the Bassetlaw Action Centre:
The Bassetlaw Action Centre is a local community resource centre, offering help and support to individuals and organisations. In addition to the core services there are several work streams including:-
The Bassetlaw Community Car Scheme – a voluntary car service, with approximately 45 volunteer drivers. It exists for those people in Bassetlaw who are unable to make their journey by public transport. This project receives grant aid from Nottinghamshire County Council.
The Bassetlaw Car Scheme plus – an accessible voluntary car service, with a fully accessible MPV with ramps and turney seat.
The Bassetlaw Community Minibus – again a fully accessible vehicle offering a range of day trips and group hire. A second Community minibus is currently on order and is due for delivery in October 2016.
The Befriending Scheme which offers befriending services to reduce isolation in the Bassetlaw population. There are currently 12 volunteer befrienders.
The Bassetlaw Stroke Information Service – to support stroke survivors, their carers and their families.
Home Support – this is a paid for service which is available to support the independence of vulnerable and older people in the own home. A range of services are available including cleaning, meal preparation, sitting etc.
Advice Bassetlaw – a collective of advice organisations accessible through a simple checklist format.
Self Help Link – support for self-help groups and contacts throughout Bassetlaw.
Staying Well – a six week self-management programme for people with long term conditions
Warm and Well – providing energy advice and tips to keeping warm and well. This also includes the roll out of smart meters.
We also have opportunities for volunteer administrative staff.
The Centre has 14 part-time/full time posts (including the Chief Executive). The Centre has the services of approximately 70 volunteers.
1. To provide management cover in the organisation when senior staff are unavailable.
2. To ensure the systems are in place for all administration, record keeping and reporting that is required to support the work.
3. To specifically line manage the Home Support staff and Befriending Volunteers.
4.. To carry out home assessments to clients.
5. To plan and coordinate supervision sessions with staff/volunteers.
6. To liaise with a range of partners to promote Bassetlaw Action Centre Services
7. To liaise with Action Centre staff in relation to Bassetlaw Action Centre Services
8. To attend and contribute to supervision sessions.
9. To ensure that monitoring systems are maintained
10. To ensure monitoring statistics are provided for funders
11. To contribute to reporting systems in relation to the scheme
12. To work as part of a small team to ensure all aspects of the work of the Bassetlaw Action Centre are covered professionally.
13. To ensure that a professional and productive working environment is maintained.
14. To ensure a high degree of accuracy is maintained.
15. To have overall responsibility for Home Support, Befriending, Energy Advice and Bassetlaw Self Help Link work streams.
16. To attend meetings representing Bassetlaw Action Centre when required to do so.
17.Any other reasonable duties requested by the Line Manager.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND QUALITIES
1 Evidence of ability to build positive working relationships with staff and volunteers
2 Knowledge and experience of Bassetlaw Action Centre’s work streams.
3 Evidence of ability to carry out administrative tasks
4 Have good telephone manner.
5 Ability to work under pressure.
6 Having an approachable manner.
7 Clear understanding of Equal Opportunities policy and practice and a commitment to implementation.
8 Highly developed interpersonal skills
9 Excellent written and oral communication skills.
10 Relevant knowledge and experience of voluntary sector in Bassetlaw
11 Proven administrative ability.
12 Excellent IT skills
13 Management/Supervisory Experience
14 Experience of working without supervision
15 Experience of project delivery
Application packs can be downloaded from our website www.bassetlawactioncentre.org.uk or are available from
The Bassetlaw Action Centre, Canal Street, Retford, Notts,
DN22 6EZ. Tel: 01777 709650. The closing date for these posts is 19th October and interviews will be held week commencing 24th October. If you have not heard from us by then, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Please include a covering letter with your application, stating clearly which post you are applying for.
Bassetlaw Action Centre - Registered Charity No: 1053798
Company Registered in England and Wales No: 5177066