Volunteer Recruitment Coordinator
Job Title: Volunteer Recruitment Coordinator
Employed by: Bassetlaw Action Centre
Hours per week: 17.5 hours – exact hours to be negotiated
Salary: £8.50 per hour
Holiday Entitlement: 28 days per year (pro-rata).
Accountable to: Line Manager, appointed by the Trustees and responsible to the Management Committee. The Line Manager is responsible for providing induction, regular supervision and support, continuing training opportunities, appraisal and review.
Responsible for: The recruitment of Volunteers. This role is to be carried out in an efficient and accurate manner the organisation is portrayed in an efficient and professional manner.
Aims of the Bassetlaw Action Centre:
The Bassetlaw Action Centre is a local community resource centre, offering help and support to individuals and organisations. In addition to the core services there are several projects utilising volunteers including:-
The Bassetlaw Community Car Scheme – a voluntary car service, with approximately 45 volunteer drivers. It exists for those people in Bassetlaw who are unable to make their journey by public transport. This project receives grant aid from Nottinghamshire County Council.
The Bassetlaw Car Scheme plus – an accessible voluntary car service, with a fully accessible MPV with ramps and turney seat.
The Bassetlaw Community Minibus – again a fully accessible vehicle offering a range of day trips and group hire. A second Community minibus is currently on order and is due for delivery in October 2016.
The Befriending Scheme which offers befriending services to reduce isolation in the Bassetlaw population. There are currently 12 volunteer befrienders.
We also have opportunities for volunteer administrative staff.
The Centre has 14 part-time/full time posts (including the Chief Executive). The Centre has the services of approximately 70 volunteers.
1. To recruit Volunteers.
2. To ensure the systems are in place for all administration, record keeping and reporting that is required to support the work.
3. To assist with volunteer recruitment with other staff members.
4. To attend meetings/lunch clubs/community groups etc. to promote the services of the Action Centre and promote volunteering.
5. To plan and coordinate a range of opportunities to promote volunteering.
6. To liaise with a range of partners to promote volunteering
7. To liaise with Action Centre staff in relation to volunteers/volunteering opportunities.
8. To attend and contribute to supervision sessions.
9. To ensure that monitoring systems are maintained
10. To ensure monitoring statistics are provided for funders
11. To contribute to reporting systems in relation to the scheme
12. To work as part of a small team to ensure all aspects of the work of the Bassetlaw Action Centre are covered professionally.
13. To ensure that a professional and productive working environment is maintained.
14. To ensure a high degree of accuracy is maintained.
15. Any other reasonable duties requested by the Line Manager.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND QUALITIES
1 Evidence of ability to build positive working relationships with staff and volunteers – in particular potential volunteers.
2 Knowledge and experience of Bassetlaw Action Centre’s work streams.
3 Evidence of ability to carry out administrative tasks
4 Have good telephone manner.
5 Ability to work under pressure.
6 Having an approachable manner.
7 Clear understanding of Equal Opportunities policy and practice and a commitment to implementation.
8 Highly developed interpersonal skills
9 Excellent written and oral communication skills.
10 Relevant knowledge and experience of voluntary sector in Bassetlaw
11 Proven administrative ability.
12 Excellent IT skills
13 Marketing skills/experience
14 Experience of working without supervision
15 Experience of project delivery
Application packs can be downloaded from our website www.bassetlawactioncentre.org.uk or are available from
The Bassetlaw Action Centre, Canal Street, Retford, Notts,
DN22 6EZ. Tel: 01777 709650. The closing date for these posts is 19th October and interviews will be held week commencing 24th October. If you have not heard from us by then, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Please include a covering letter with your application, stating clearly which post you are applying for.
Bassetlaw Action Centre - Registered Charity No: 1053798
Company Registered in England and Wales No: 5177066