Home Support Worker
Job Title: Home Support Worker
Responsible to: Line Manager.
Responsible for: Delivering Home Support to clients throughout Bassetlaw
Hours of Work: 0 regular hours per week (subject to funding).
Wage: £7.20 per hour.
NB. You will be required to travel to locations throughout Bassetlaw and will be based from home.
Aims of the post: To deliver domestic Home Support to clients throughout Bassetlaw.
- To deliver Home Support to a high standard.
- To complete and return all necessary paperwork to the Home Support Coordinator.
- To work to standards outlined by the client.
- To ensure enquiries/bookings/cancellations are taken, recorded and immediately fed back to the Home Support Coordinator as required by Bassetlaw Action Centre.
- To liaise and offer support to staff, clients and volunteers.
- Visiting People in their own home to undertake the following duties:
- General domestic cleaning
- Collect prescription items
- Standard laundry tasks
- Light meal preparation
- Sitting Service
- Other domestic duties requested.
- To complete a DBS check
- To liaise with the coordinator as appropriate
- To liaise with the Bassetlaw Action Centre as appropriate
- To attend appropriate meetings/supervision/training sessions
- Carry a photo ID badge whilst on duty
- To travel between clients homes
- Maintain client confidentiality at all times
- To ensure appropriate paperwork is duly completed and returned
- To sign-post clients to other appropriate services as necessary
A job description is not an exhaustive list of duties, but is intended to give a general indication of the range of work undertaken and will vary in detail in the light of changing demands within the service. Any changes in the range of work undertaken will be carried out in consultation with the post holder.
All Employees are expected to work in line with all agreed policies and practices. Copies are available for all Employees on request.
Application packs can be downloaded from our website www.bassetlawactioncentre.org.uk or are available from
The Bassetlaw Action Centre, Canal Street, Retford, Notts,
DN22 6EZ. Tel: 01777 709650. The closing date for these posts is 19th October and interviews will be held week commencing 24th October. If you have not heard from us by then, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Please include a covering letter with your application, stating clearly which post you are applying for.
Bassetlaw Action Centre - Registered Charity No: 1053798
Company Registered in England and Wales No: 5177066