Product Development Manager
Product Development Manager Salary: £33,000 per Annum
Based in: Billingham
Additional Package Info: Pension, Life Assurance
We now have an outstanding opportunity for a talented and experienced Product Development Manager to join our world-class innovation team and help us to develop and manage the creation of new, dynamic and exciting snacking products across our branded and own label/private label products (what we call Retailer Brands or RTB).
You will play a pivotal role within the Innovation team, working with a product category team to develop and manage the creation of new, and exciting snacking products and help us to maintain our position as a genuine market leader within our industry.
Working with an internationally recognised and market leading brand, this role will push you to your limits and enable you to grow as an individual. You will have plenty of opportunities to utilise and demonstrate your full range of skills and experience in this role.
There is an excellent support network and a team of talented industry professionals working around you while you get to grips with the job.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work alongside and lead a team of dedicated professionals and experts that are truly some of the best in their field in a market leading organisation.
The Product Development Manager will apply their market knowledge and their passion for snacks into inspirational ideas that will enhance the existing range of products as well as using your creative flair to develop new concepts.
You will be accountable for establishing long term strategic initiatives, in conjunction with the Innovation Manager, to ensure that the product ranges and brands keep ahead of major competitors for the decades ahead.
Product Development Manager | Product Development | Manager | Food Industry | R&D
- Previous experience of New Product Development management and process
- Experience of developing both branded products and own/private label products (retailer own label)
- Financial/ numerical aptitude
- Previous experience of operating at a management level within the Food Industry
- Experience of leading a team
- Experience of coaching to develop individuals/ team
- Experience of negotiating at a middle management level
- A demonstrable analytical ability is essential
- Excellent time management skills are essential
- Food science/ technology qualification or bachelors’ degree or equivalent work experience.
About Our Company:
KP is home to some of the most iconic British snack brands and we also produce all kinds of delicious snacks for the UK's retailers. We are proud that millions of people enjoy our products, every day.
With nearly 50 years' combined experience in savoury snacks we are part of Europe's No. 2 snack producer, supplying more than 30 countries.