Cafe Workshop Supervisor
Cafe Workshop Supervisor
Full time - up to 37.5 hours per week; Monday to Friday 8:30- 16:30
Salary: £20,963 - £ 21,938 per annum dependant on experience
Camphill Milton Keynes Communities is a charity providing supported accommodation, care and workshops for adults with learning disabilities. Our Vegetarian Cafe, one of our thriving workshops that is open to the public from Monday to Friday, is seeking an experienced Cafe Supervisor. The successful applicant must understand the need for excellent customer service and be prepared to go the 'extra mile' in order to maintain the high standards on which we pride ourselves.
Our community - a modern Camphill community - is based in Milton Keynes, offering life sharing and learning opportunities for all individuals, where everyone is appreciated for who they are and the special qualities they bring to the community life. We provide person centred and holistic support for people with a range of abilities as part of our day care opportunities including horticulture, a bakery, cafe, Weavery, a theatre, a shop, tools refurbishing, food processing and other therapeutic activities.
You would need to have an eye for detail and to manage the delivery of consistently high standards of customer service, training, staff supervision and activity outcome reviews. You will be working alongside our service users, volunteers and staff helping to maintain and promote our ethos.
- Reporting directly to the Workshops Manager, the role entails, amongst other responsibilities:
Overseeing the day to day running of the cafe;
- Supporting the welfare and day activities of the residents in the cafe, in line with Care guidelines, health and food safety legislation;
- Training, supervision and welfare of all service users and staff who work in the cafe, with particular focus on customer service;
- Supporting the Cook with creative menu planning;
- Ensuring that all relevant documentation is kept up to date;
- Work in accordance with our Vision and Mission Statement.
The ideal candidate would ideally have:
- Proven experience in the catering sector or customer service.
- Some experience of working with people with learning disabilities.
- Effective communication and listening skills appropriate to the public, our volunteers and staff and, significantly, our service users.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Experience of record keeping.
Please visit our Website at www.camphillmk.co.uk for more information about our Community.
For an application pack, please email your CV to email@example.com
Closing Date: 18th October 2016
We are an equal opportunities employer. All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory references, an enhanced DBS check and eligibility to work in the UK.
Our mission is to create a living and working community where people with learning disabilities may reach their full potential in the spirit of lifelong learning
Registered Charity 283556