Our clients are a very successful private general medical practice founded by one of London’s most respected and well established private doctors. The Practice is based in the Harley Street area of London, providing UK-based and international patients with a comprehensive range of excellent private healthcare.
The Practice prides itself in delivering flexible, personal care to our patients, which is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. The Practice consults for many private families, leading insurers, the entertainment industry, numerous multinational companies and prestigious London hotels.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Medical typist/ secretary duties
- Typing of letters and reports for x 2 FTE doctors
- Assisting colleagues with typing of letters and reports
- Maintaining presentations, spreadsheets, databases
- Managing the computerised recall systems of the practice
- Liaising with office staff and PA’s in correspondence management
- Meeting and greeting patients and visitors to the practice in a friendly and courteous manner
- Answer the telephone in a friendly and courteous manner
- Make referral appointments for patients, doctors and nurses
- Manage diary lists as appropriate
- Register new patients
- Filing of medical notes, letters, tests results and other correspondence
- Billing: invoicing and taking payments from patients
- General duties
- Providing cover for annual leave
- Scheduling meetings with colleagues and external parties as required
- Attending regular practice meetings
- Any other reasonable duties requested by the office manager or doctors
- Experience in a medical environment
- Strong medical terminology
- Effective diary management
- Customer service skills both over the telephone and in person
- Discretion and confidentiality
- AMSPAR qualification
- 70 WPM typing
- Reception experience
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position and have the experience and skills required, please attach your CV to the link provided and our client will be in direct contact.
Key Words: Medical Secretary, 70wpm, AMSPAR.