Approved & Qualified Testing Electrician - Immediate start
Harrisons Electrical is looking to recruit an electrical testing electrician, who will report to the Electrical Management. The successful post-holder will be responsible for undertaking electrical testing, form filling and repairs/maintenance work to provide high quality, ‘right first time’, cost effective Electrical services to the business and its clientele. This position will be office based.
- This role is a full time permanent position with an established company
- To perform electrical testing on your own and other electricians installations
- Filling out and validating test forms for submission
- To work competently alone and make decisions on site.
- You must have knowledge and experience of reactive maintenance/ responsive repairs
- You must be able to work on our bigger installation projects from supplied drawings installing fire alarm systems, emergency lighting, and LED energy saving products
- Excellent communication skills with our clients and their members of staff.
- You must be able to inspect/test, certify and sign off all your own work, this is essential
- MUST have C&G 2391 or equivalent
- Good understanding and attitude of Health & Safety requirements
- Confidently able to resolve any electrical issue that may be thrown your way
- Flexible attitude and motivated approach to work
- Full driving license (company vehicle provided)
- Good representation and appearance for the company at all times
- Must have own Tools
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Must hold relevant qualifications (e.g. NVQ Level 3 or equivalent, City & Guilds 2361 Part 1 & 2, 17th Edition IEE Wiring Regulations)
- Must have testing experience
- Previous work experience in a similar role
- Holder of appropriate CSCS card (desirable)
- Possess good communication skills, reasonable written and numerical skills
- Show a willingness to be helpful, enthusiastic and flexible
- Possess strong self-motivation and be a good self-organiser to carry out necessary duties
- Demonstrate familiarity with NICEIC requirements
- Carry out inspection and testing on existing installations, as work progresses and on completed work recording results and completing appropriate test certification
- Computer literate
About our Client
This opening within the business is a great opportunity for an approved testing electrician. The role is varied, mainly in the commercial sector but does cover domestic and industrial sectors. This is a small established business which has enjoyed long standing relationships with its clients as well as its members of staff. Should the successful candidate prove and show relevant experience and the right skills the possibility to grow within the company is there from an electrical certification and accreditation perspective.
How to apply
If you have the required experience please attach your CV to the link provided and our client will be in contact with you directly.
Key words: Electrician, Electrical Engineer, Testing engineer, Qualified Electrician, City & Guilds 2361 Part 1 & 2, 17th Edition IEE Wiring Regulations, CSCS, NICEIC