Our client, a building services company, have several opportunities for Stonemasons to join their teams based in Edinburgh or Glasgow - applicants from both regions are welcome.
As a Stonemason you will be assisting with all aspects of stone masonry onsite installation works and duties will include the following:-
Duties include: -
- Set stone to build structures such as, indenting/strip and rebuild, external facades, walls, chimneys, tenement bays, steps and plats.
- Drill holes in masonry and anchor brackets in holes.
- Prop masonry using acro-props and timber wedges
- Shape, trim, face stone on site and in-situ, using power saws, cutting equipment, and hand tools.
- Repair cracked or chipped areas of stone, using mastic and stone dust.
- Lay brick to flue feathers of chimneys
- Build brick chimney and form/ pour concrete cope
- Render coating to chimneys and isolated masonry repairs
- CSCS card
- NVQ level 2/3
- Full clean driver’s license (desirable)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
- A focused and disciplined approach to carrying out work of a high standard while sympathetic to working on structures of historic significance
- Ability to manage time efficiently and effectively
- Able to work as part of a team or as an individual
- Good organisational and time-management skills, including the ability to prioritise work where necessary
- Previous experience in the conservation sector would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety in Construction.
- The individual should be comfortable with working in often extreme or unusual environments, for example high scaffolds
Monday – Thursday
8:00am – 4:30pm
8:00am – 3:30pm
£12 per hour depending on experience
About our client
Our client provide a wide range of premium Building Restoration and Repair services and are dedicated to the preservation of Scottish heritage. They can be engaged by Local Authorities, Surveyors, Architects or work direct with clients. They have been involved in many restoration and repairs projects over the years and are proud to have worked on many well-known Class A, B and C listed buildings in Edinburgh and surrounding area.
How to apply
Please apply using the link provided and our client will be in direct contact.
Key Words: Stonemason, Mason, Bricklayer, Stone Repair, Mason, Masonry Repair, Stone Repair.