Kidgate, Louth LN11 9BX
Year 1 Maternity Cover, commencing January 2017 until November/December 2017 (to be confirmed)
Contract: Temporary, Part-Time from mid-January 2017
Salary: Dependent upon experience
Opportunity details / Job Specification
Kidgate Primary Academy is a wonderful place to work, has a dedicated and professional team of staff with children who are enthusiastic learners, demonstrate superb attitudes towards learning and are very well behaved. Kidgate was graded "Outstanding" at its most recent inspection in May 2016.
We are seeking to appoint a teacher to cover a maternity leave from January 2017. We would welcome applications from good and outstanding teachers who would like to be part of our hard-working, dedicated and welcoming team. The successful candidate will be based in Year 1 and will work alongside a year-group colleague and team of teaching assistants. We are looking for someone ideally with EYFS/KS1 experience and the ability to challenge and stretch all pupils while providing an inspiring and motivational learning environment.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the learning outcomes of the pupils in this class. You will need to ensure that the children in your class make progress and achieve, but are also motivated and enthused by their learning. This will be achieved through quality-first teaching and a commitment to delivering lessons which are of high quality, centred around learning and ensure engagement of all learners. Assessment for learning in the classroom is vital in securing the best possible outcomes for the pupils.
Starting in January, this role will involve teaching motivated and enthusiastic children who are excited to learn and are well-behaved. This is a wonderful opportunity for a confident teacher to take a Year 1 class and deliver motivating and engaging lessons.
We can offer the successful candidate:
- Professional, dedicated and enthusiastic colleagues
- Well-behaved and well-mannered children with an enthusiasm for learning
- a commitment to the CPD of staff in all roles
- a school where pupils are inquisitive and motivated learners
- high quality resources and facilities to support teaching and learning
We welcome applicants who believe that every child can succeed and has:
- secure knowledge of the practices and principles of KS1
- experience as a classroom practitioner with a passion for education and a good understanding of what outstanding teaching, learning and progress look like
- high expectations of pupil achievement and behaviour
- the ability to use assessment for learning to centre learning around the needs of the children
- a commitment to raising standards for all pupils
- a willingness to develop your teaching in new and exciting ways
- a collaborative and open approach to teamwork
Visits to Kidgate Primary Academy are strongly encouraged.
To arrange a visit or request an application pack, please contact Miss Rosie Lane, Business Manager by filling in your details below.
Closing Date: Midnight, Wednesday 19 October 2016.
Interviews: Week commencing 31 October 2016.
Kidgate Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Applicants should note that this post is subject to enhanced DBS clearance, medical checks and references taken before interview.