Children's Residential Support Worker, Swanage - Fantastic Training ! (Car Driver)
We have Full Time Permanent Jobs as Children’s Support Workers in Swanage, Dorset. This is a Residential Setting for Children aged 11-18 with fantastic facilities. We provide specialist residential care helping children and young people with a range of complex needs including Autism and Challenging Behaviour. We have a multi-disciplinary team who provide positive therapeutic and behavioural approaches, to enable our young people to reach their potential.
What does the job of a Children's Residential Support Worker entail?
You will work in our residential setting to build relationships with the young people, working alongside them as one of their key workers. You will learn about our individual’s specific needs and help meet those needs in the most appropriate way. The people we support have complex needs which may include challenging behaviour. You will assist our individuals with daily living skills and taking care of their personal hygiene.
What are the hours & Benefits for the Job of Children's Residential Support Worker in Swanage?
· Starting at £8 per hour to £8.75 per hour
· Our Rota includes 4 Shifts on, 2 Shifts off which includes 2 late shifts followed by two early shifts.
· Night shifts available 4 on 4 off covering 20:45 – 07:15
· Early Shifts = 7am till 3pm (You would need to ensure you can get to work at these times)
· Late Shifts = 2pm till 10pm
· Free QCF Training and ongoing support
· Career progression opportunities are there for those wanting to progress to Senior Support Worker or Managerial Level.
What experience do I need to work with Children with Autism?
· No experience is necessary as full training will be given, although knowledge of Autism would be advantageous.
· A desire to want to make a difference to someone’s life is essential
· Willing complete your QCF Level 2 in Health & Social Care
· A good understanding of what the job involves as the role can be challenging.
· The ability to work in a team.
· We will accept applications from Male or Female applicants.
Want To Apply? Not sure whether to apply? You have further questions?
Please click on apply and we will discuss the Support Worker job vacancy in Swanage with you and answer any questions you may have before progressing your application.
This job vacancy is based in Swanage, Dorset but could be commutable from other areas of Dorset including Wareham, Corfe Castle, Studland, Church Knowle, Bovington and Worth Matravers.