Paid Volunteer Befrienders & Companions
We are looking for positive-minded and caring Paid Volunteers, Befrienders & Companions to join our clients’ care-at-home team in the West Bridgford, Newark, Ruddington, Keyworth, Southwell & surrounding villages. £8.00 - £9.00 per hour, plus mileage allowance, holiday pay available. We currently have part time vacancies.
Our client is an award winning care provider who specialises in a consistent, bespoke, quality companionship lead service to private clients in their own homes. With a minimum of one hour visits, they believe this enables relationships to be central to the support they provide.
This is a typical example of one of their customers:
“I’ve lived in my house for the last 40 years and it holds all my memories. Many of my friends have now died, so I get lonely. Although I can do some things for myself, I am not as independent or confident around the house or when I am out and about as much as I used to be!"
As my Home Care Assistant & Companion, you would be available to help me when I really need it, for example:
· Helping me with my morning routine, helping me chose some clothes, giving me the motivation to get up on a morning and making sure I eat breakfast.
· Heating up a meal for me at lunch time or helping me prepare something fresh – I hope you can make great mash potatoes but. if not, smash will be fine!
· I do have to take some medication, so just a reminder to take them is always helpful!
· I may from time to time require help with tidying around my house.
· Taking me out shopping or to hospital/doctors’ appointments when needed. I love to shop!
· Help preparing my evening meal.
· I also sometimes need help with my bedtime routine. I like a Horlicks and a biscuit before bed and I may need some help with the buttons on my nightwear!
You would need to be available consistently during the week across days or evenings & weekends, on a part time basis. I don’t want to see a different face each day but I understand you need your time, so choosing the times of day you can come and alternate weekends would be great.
Here’s the great bit, you get paid to be my Companion!
To be my Home Care Assistant & Companion you can be any age, will be paid £8.00 per hour - £9.00 per hour and you will receive excellent training. You will also receive expenses for mileage, receive paid holidays and have the option to be part of our pension scheme. But most of all, you will be making a great friend! It really took me a long time to think about having help at home but now I have it, it has made a massive difference to my life. My companions are also my friends, we have lots of laughs together. But most of all, they make a massive difference to my life because I get to stay independent! Could you be my Companion?
If you are a car driver, have time to spare and would love to make a difference to my life every day, I’d love to hear from you!
To apply, please click on the apply button and we will be in touch to discuss your application further.