Area Manager (Learning Disabilities)
We have a new exciting opportunity for a career driven Area Manager who wants to make a difference to the people they support. Our client, a supported living provider for adults with learning disabilities and complex needs have a new opening in the Somerset area.
Why work for our client?
- Firstly, they put the people they support at the heart of everything they do.
- They develop all their staff team, with on-going training and career development opportunities.
- They support each individual who they support, aiding and taking their opinions and plans for the future into account.
- They strive to maintain the quality service and procedures they uphold.
What will the role of Area Manager involve?
- You will manage and lead the services in your area, with a proactive, positive nature! Monitor and review all action plans across a group of allocated supports.
- Meet regularly with teams to lead and manage performance, focusing on consistent practice standards and their impact on achieving outcomes for the people you support.
- To ensure our supports are delivered in partnership with our customers, their families and carers through real consultation and participation.
- Regular Audits and to formulate action plans to develop the support with the Team Leader.
- Maximise financial performance of the group of supports, ensuring agreed targets are met.
- To market the supports to commissioners and actively pursue referrals and admissions.
- To recruit and appoint suitable staff to the support teams.
- To support all areas of performance management as necessary.
What will I need to be an Area Manager?
- You will need minimum Qualification of NVQ Level 4 Health & Social Care or equivalent and experience of operational managing a team.
- Experience of working with Adults with Learning Disabilities and Complex needs.
So if you want to join a forward thinking organisation with the people they support at the heart of everything they do then click on ‘Apply’.