Charge Hands and Area Leader
Staffline is one of the UK’s leading recruitment companies, helping to find work for thousands of people on a daily basis. Our temporary workers can enjoy great benefits including training, as well as real opportunities for career progression and permanent employment.
We are continuously recruiting for Charge Hands and Area Leaders to work for our busy food production client based in Malton.
The main duties of the role will include:
- Regularly monitoring each line to a certain specification ensuring efficient break controls, start-ups and line handovers
- Ensuring the lines are running to the specified speeds and producing the right quality
- Ensuring that floor wastes and other categories of waste on the line are reduced
- Conducting all necessary start-up and shut down procedures, including safety checks
- Completing all paperwork including time sheets, yield sheets and absenteeism records in a timely, honest and accurate manner using T&A
- Harnessing the line team to take personal responsibility for producing quality products and adhering to specs, taking the team forward, and driving and supporting them to improved variance, quality and volume standards
- Working to reduce absenteeism, encouraging team members and motivating them to come to work, and anticipating the needs of individuals
- Participating in daily reviews with the Supervisor to discuss line performance
- Holding regular reviews with operators to discuss production performance and quality issues, promoting increased efficiencies and enhancing team building
- Checking product traceability and taking responsibility for operator understanding of traceability requirements
- Undertaking various Health & Safety responsibilities.
The successful candidate must have:
- Excellent attention to detail and observational skills to spot faults
- Strong people skills with an ability to listen and to communicate expectations to others, whilst delivering results through a team of people
- Leadership skills and the ability to drive a team to deliver to targets, ensuring that both positive and negative feedback is given
- An attitude to strive for improvement from a health and safety, output, quality and efficiency perspective
- The ability to take ownership of issues, demonstrate initiative, and show commitment and self-motivation.
You can apply for this position by sending a CV/written application to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephoning 01653 602 361.