Grow with us…
Following a recent review of Property and Estates to align the Service with both Councils’ Corporate Strategies, a range of full-time vacancies now exist at both Bolsover and North East Derbyshire District Council. The posts cover operational management of Facilities and Engineering activities within each District.
Bolsover District Council Vacancy
Salary Details: £26,445 to £28,897 per annum
Appointment Type: Permanent - Full Time 37 per week, Monday to Friday
Location: The Arc, Clowne
Department: Bolsover District Council
Division: Operations - Property & Estates
Following a recent review of Property and Estates to align the Service with both Councils’ Corporate Strategies this post is now available based at The Arc, Clowne. The post-holder will assist in the provision of an efficient asset management, design, and building surveying service to the Council and external customers.
To be short-listed for interview candidates must possess the following:-
- Demonstrable knowledge of procurement of contracts including building/construction standard contract forms
- Demonstrable knowledge of facilities and asset management
- A demonstrable understanding of the management, monitoring and implementing health and safety policies, including asbestos, legionella and fire risk actions
- Demonstrable knowledge of budget management monitoring and forecasting
- Demonstrable knowledge of project management and specification development of building/construction related contracts
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of Building and Planning Regulations and their interpretation
- Maintenance of record systems
- Ability to undertake inspections of properties and determine repair/maintenance requirements
- Basic knowledge of building defects and common repairs
- Ability to read and interpret plans, architect drawings, and specifications
- HNC/HND in relevant area such as facilities management and building surveying
- To operate in a professional manner, effectively utilising available budgets
- Experience of negotiations with senior post in outside organisation relating to contractual matters
- Dealing directly with customers/service users in resolving maintenance issues
- Prioritising repairs appropriately with consideration to business risk and customer service
- Current full driving licence in order to undertake daily duties although alternative arrangements may be agreed with applicants with the relevant disability
- Effective communicator – in writing and verbal; presentation skills and excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to demonstrate strong customer focus and a commitment to service improvements
- Excellent I.T. Skills in Word and Excel
- A flexible approach to working hours
Our preferred method of application is online at www.bolsover.gov.uk
Alternatively you can request an application pack by firstname.lastname@example.org.
CV's will not be accepted.
If you do not have access to the internet contact us by telephone on our 24-hour job-line on 01246 242524.
For an informal chat regarding this vacancy please contact David Broom on 01246 217374.
Bolsover District Council is striving for diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Closing date:20 October 2016