Logistics - Surf Telecoms
Based in North Lincolnshire
EBA Grade 6
Salary Range £35,920 to £40,093 per year
An opportunity has arisen for a Communications Engineer to take responsibility for a region within the North Lincolnshire area and provide support to the Surf / WPD telecoms network. The main focus of this vacancy will be Trunk Network and associated equipment, but will also include other aspects of the telemetry systems and other telecoms work as required.
Responsibilities will include:
- Undertaking fault repairs, planned maintenance, configuration, installation and commissioning of telecommunications systems, equipment and plant.
- Managing your own working time to ensure that jobs are completed in the most efficient manner.
- Working with contractors and when necessary witness acceptance tests.
- Working with colleagues and customers to ensure a continuity of service.
- Working safely and in accordance with agreed WPD procedures and techniques.
- Providing technical support to customers and where necessary liaise with colleagues to solve complex issues.
You should be a good team player and a good communicator who is able to use your own initiative to solve a range of technical challenges. You should have at least a BTEC certificate or equivalent in Telecommunications or Electrical Engineering or have extensive relevant experience.
For more information or to apply, please visit www.westernpower.co.uk/careers
Closing date: Noon, 27th October 2016
An equal opportunities employer.