Junior Technician / Assistant AV Technician
Junior Technician/ Assistant AV Technician
Salary - £18,000 to £20,000 depending on experience
Potential discretionary bonus of up to 10%
25 days holiday per annum
We are looking for a Junior Technician/Assistant AV Technician with experience in events/AV industry and the technical & production skills to join our client in South East London.
Our client is an award winning photo experience agency, specialising in creating fun, interactive photography based experiences at live events. They work with some of the world’s best-known brands and media agencies.
You will join their production team and you will oversee the maintenance of the equipment and be the general ‘go to’ person for anything technical in the studio and at events.
You don’t need to have experience with photobooths and photobooth software but you must have good software & hardware skills that can be applied and you must be a fast and inquisitive learner.
You will have a passion for photography or video content, experience in the events/AV industry and be passionate about new technologies.
As part of this role, you will be required to drive in and around London.
This is a physical role, frequently involving the lifting and shifting of equipment and flight cases.
- Preparing and testing all photobooth equipment prior to going out on events
- Setting up equipment at high profile events
- Installing and testing software
- Fitting out new photobooths/products with photographic and computer equipment
- Managing and maintaining the storage of all photobooth equipment.
- Maintaining the booths, fault finding
- Editing photobooth images after events
- Be on call – to provide out of hours tech support to our staff at events
- Keeping our storeroom tidy and in ship shape
- Supporting our Graphic Designer by creating graphic overlays for photo booths
- At least one year’s experience within a similar or AV type role
- Possess basic design skills
- Knowledge of Photoshop / Lightroom and Adobe design programs
- Good working knowledge of Windows and Mac operating systems
- Must be highly organized and motivated by working in a team
- Passion for photography and video
- An enthusiasm for IT and IT solutions to business problems
- Ability to setup, configure and troubleshoot both wired and wireless networks
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly motivated and able to work under pressure
- You should be handy and good at fixing things
This is a great opportunity to join an innovative company based in South London. If you the right skills and experience, we look forward to hearing from you.
NB. Due to large volume of applications, we cannot always contact all applicants. If you do not hear from us within 10 days please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.