IT Support Analyst - Finance
4 days left
- Full Time
Why work for Innovate UK?
We're an organisation of around 300 staff, drawn mainly from business with our Head Office in Swindon. We have a variety of Swindon and Field Based roles across our Directorates.
Innovate UK fund, support and connect innovative businesses to accelerate sustainable economic growth and we are looking for new talent to share our vision, to join us as Innovators.
We currently have a vacancy for an IT Support Analyst, focusing on the Finance team, based in our Swindon offices.
Innovate UK has a number of key customer groups.There is a need to deliver highly performing and available IT systems and services to these groups to ensure the operational effectiveness of the organisation.
This role will support the Finance department with respect to all aspects of their IT needs.Effective financial control and governance are at the core of our mandate to operate - this role is key to ensuring our finance systems capabilities are developed and maintained in line with this need. The scope of the role will include:
* Request fulfilment
* Incident management
* Continuous improvement (with respect IT systems capability)
* Ad-hoc requests as required
The successful candidate will have experience working with 3rd party suppliers delivering fit for purpose finance systems service & solutions. The role will integrate within the broader IT support capability and on occasion the post holder will assist and collaborate with respect wider business IT support needs.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
* Act as primary interface to Finance for all IT requests and requirements, including issue escalation
* Manage the prioritisation of IT requests from across Finance
* Relationship management with suppliers of financial service solutions, acting as an interface between the team and approved 3rd parties
* Provide subject matter expertise for all product/system queries from Finance team
* Deliver 1st and 2nd line IT support capability to Finance function
* Define, deliver and maintain IT support knowledge base for finance systems
* Ensure Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are in place for all key finance services
* Ownership of system administration for finance systems e.g. user maintenance, management of roles and permissions etc.
* Co-ordinate and act as interface to business for test activities relating to finance project implementations
* Own the road mapping and delivery of finance system upgrades
* Liaise with finance system suppliers in relation to new and requested features and functional requirements of finance systems, chasing and escalating as required
* Ensure training needs (IT & finance) delivered as appropriate in relation to finance systems
* Provide ad-hoc support and assistance for the wider IT Support function, particularly at times of reduced Finance activity
* This is an outline description of the key responsibilities and accountabilities involved in the job. It is not exhaustive and may be revised from time to time.
Applicants must have clear IT support experience, financial systems experience is desirable.
* Educated to A-Level standard or equivalent
* Qualified to degree level or equivalent experience
* AAT/part AAT qualified
* Substantial general IT support experience across a variety of systems and processes
* Strong, demonstrable stakeholder management experience
* Experience of effective working with 3rd party IT suppliers
* Clear experience of working in a fast paced and process oriented environment
* Demonstrable experience of delivering process improvement through appropriate use of technology
* Demonstrable experience of applying fit for purpose technology solutions to deliver challenging organisational problems
* Experience working with helpdesk software and incident management processes
* Use of diagnostic tools to troubleshoot problem root causes
* A track-record of working with financial systems (Sun, SAP, Oracle etc.) with strong understanding of key, recurring features
* Financial/Accounting process experience
* Experience of working in an Agile project delivery environment
* Evidence of working within a multi-functional team, with multiple stakeholders
* Exceptional general appreciation of IT with overall strong technical knowledge and aptitude to further develop skills
* Keen self-organisation skills and a demonstrable ability to manage and prioritise a workload in order to meet tight deadlines
* Analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to quickly understand new and complex issues and to apply solutions
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Attention to detail and strong analytical skills
* A clear ability to manage data and maintain audit trials and data integrity
* A flexible approach, willing to take on new and unexpected challenges
* Ability to represent finance technical and business concepts in an easy to understand way
* Ability to promote the need for well-defined and articulated finance requirements
* Team player with the ability to work independently and under pressure on high profile, business critical projects
* Ability to keep calm and focused under pressure, with demonstrable resilience when faced with changing requirements
* Ability to manage often conflicting demands of multiple stakeholders whilst protecting the integrity and ownership of the documented processes
* A 'self-starter' with strong motivation to succeed
* A 'commit and deliver' mind set and a right-first-time approach
There may be the occasional requirement for national travel.
Innovate UK is the UK's innovation agency. We know that taking a new idea to market is a challenge. We fund, support and connect innovative businesses through a unique mix of people and programmes to accelerate sustainable economic growth.
To apply for this role please click the APPLY Button