Infrastructure Engineer - datacenter and cloud
One of the world's leading independent music publishing companies with offices worldwide. Successful in many music-related fields including rights, copyright ownership and promotion, printed music, book publishing, music retailing, E-commerce and digital publishing.
We are looking for someone to take hands on ownership of infrastructure. This is a key hire, moving away from the current relatively unstructured way of working to provide specialist knowledge. It is envisaged that there could eventually be the opportunity to move into a lead role as additional resources are acquired.
Minimum 5 years' demonstrable hands on experience covering the following areas:
- Infrastructure - analysis, design, planning, implementation, security and support
- Infrastructure - onsite and cloud, physical and virtual
- Configuration Management and documentation
- Capacity planning of CPU, Storage, Memory etc
- Performance monitoring and management of infrastructure
- Vendor/Product evaluation of infrastructure and tools
- High availability Datacentre and Cloud (AWS or Azure)
- Microsoft Stack of Technologies
- Storage Technologies
- Backup Technologies
Excellence in the following areas:
- HP Proliant and Dell PowerEdge Servers
- Virtualization solutions including VMware vSphere/vCenter
- Deploying/Maintaining Windows operating systems.
- AWS capabilities such as Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
- HP/EMC VNX Storage Technologies
Clear understanding (not skills) of the following technologies in a high availability environment:
- Active Directory and Group Policy experience
- SQL Databases
Please do not apply if you cannot answer yes to the following questions.
Music related skills are not a substitute for any of the role requirements:
- Minimum 5 years' experience as Infrastructure Engineer, capable of being backed up by references?
- If requested, can you provide 3 substantial and successful examples of relevant implementations you have completed?
- Are you comfortable being tested on cloud offerings and infrastructure technical related questions
- Are you comfortable discussing in detail the areas listed in the Knowledge section above.
No agency applications accepted