Programme Manager - Retail & Business
2 days left
- Full Time
Programme Manager (Retail & Business Studies) based in Oswestry, Shropshire offering a salary of up to £29,991.
Derwen College is an Ofsted “Outstanding” college. We support students with learning difficulties and disabilities to live the life they want and to be as independent as they can be. We work hard to develop the skills needed for employment and independent living - our aim is to recruit the best staff possible to deliver this first class experience to our students. Outstanding teaching, learning and training is at the heart of our operation.
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and commercially focused Manager to lead a dedicated and skilled vocational team supporting young people with disabilities to train for careers in the retail and business industry. Based at our Gobowen site the programme area encompasses a Farm Shop, Print Centre and Stock Room. Students develop their skills in real work environments at the heart of our busy commercial area, they also have excellent opportunities to progress to external placements and employment with our local and national chain partners.
The key role responsibilities are
- Operational management and development of our Retail and Business Programme Area including staff and resources
- Management of commercial aspects of area
- Quality assurance of all aspects of Programme Area including production of Self -Assessment Report, Quality Improvement Plan and compliance audits
- Accountability for individual student/trainee programme including timetabling, assessment, setting and reviewing appropriate targets
- Curriculum development to ensure that Programme Area strands remain relevant and challenging including fostering effective partnerships e.g. Industry Champion/Competition activity
- Collaborate with our Shopping and Leisure Team to ensure an holistic approach to the management and development of customer facing activities
- Staff development including observation, appraisal and provision of support and training
- Management of departmental budget
- Safeguarding awareness and promotion of the welfare of vulnerable young adults
- Teaching qualification
- Subject specific qualification relevant to retail and business
- Relevant Industry Sector / commercial knowledge and experience
- Proven success of working within a similar management role
- Excellent knowledge of Ofsted framework / external auditors
- Knowledge of accreditation and RARPA
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects
- Excellent people management skills
- Highly motivated individual
- Approachable and engaging style
- Outstanding communication skills
We can offer the right candidate a well-resourced and modern working environment, situated in a beautiful rural setting. We have a fantastic array of employee benefits including on site shopping and leisure facilities, staff discounts, flexible working, enhanced statutory benefits, final salary pension scheme, continual professional development and a chance to make a real difference.