Food Production Operatives
Staffline is one of the UK's leading recruitment companies, helping to find work for thousands of people on a daily basis. Our temporary workers can enjoy great benefits including training and apprenticeships, as well as real opportunities for career progression and permanent employment.
We are continuously recruiting for Food Production Operatives to join us at our client’s busy food production environment based in Daventry, Northamptonshire.
The main duties of the role will include:
- Packing cakes into containers ready for dispatch
- Putting products into the oven
- Mixing goods for further processing
- Palletising goods and preparing them for delivery
- Carrying out housekeeping duties and cleaning work stations
Successful candidates will:
- Ideally have experience of working within a food production environment, however this is not essential as full training will be provided
- Be willing to work in a hot environment
- Be able to work in a physically demanding environment
- Need to be able to work with nuts and other food products
- Have a basic understanding of written and spoken English
- Have a flexible approach to working hours
The hours of work are fixed shifts working Monday to Friday, however these can vary so flexibility is required. There may also be overtime available on a Saturday.
The shifts available are:
- 6am to 2.30pm
- 2.30pm to 11pm
- 7.30pm to 6am
- 9pm to 5.30am
- 11pm to 6am
Day shifts will be paid at £6.95 per hour basic (over 25’s £7.20 per hour) and night shifts are paid at £7.40 per hour basic (over 25’s £7.90 per hour).
There is a premium rate of pay for overtime after 40 hours worked.