Driver Assessor Salary: £23,000 to £27,000 per Annum
Additional Package Info: bonus scheme up to 10% per annum, pension scheme,
Has anyone ever told you that you are outstanding at what you do?
We are looking for a fearless and talented individual like you who can join our mission to be the best that the industry has to offer. We want you to bring your unique set of skills and experience to a special place where you can reach your true potential.
Working with internationally recognised and market leading brands, this role will push you to your limits and enable you to grow in capability and confidence. There is an excellent support network and a team of industry professionals around you while you get to grips with the job.
Hopefully over time you will establish yourself as the go to person and will join a long list of predecessors that have gone on to inspire the next generations of people under you.
- Develop driver training programs that drive improvements across all aspects of operational activity, and that are relevant to the company objectives.
- Carry out all employed and Agency driver inductions, driving assessments and retraining when required, ensuring the Skills Matrix is up to date with all training dates input.
- Develop improvements in internal communication with driving personnel, ensuring that they are kept fully up to date with the latest legislation and business developments.
- Ensure all driving personnel have correct knowledge, equipment and training to carry out their duties at all times.
- Monitor and review driver performance through the use of ISOTRAK reporting, implement corrective action plans to develop and support under performance.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure that the Transport department’s needs are met.
- Investigate route cause of any accidents or near misses and work in conjunction with the Transport Manager to ensure processes are developed to prevent re occurrences.
- Conduct investigation / disciplinary hearings in line with the company disciplinary policy.
- Ensure strict compliance to DVSA standards.
- Main point of contact for Tachograph compliance at depot.
- Provide support & guidance to drivers with Tachograph / WTD infringements
- Be responsible for Service Planner & booking of vehicles when required.
- Aide the Transport Team with booking of maintenance & damage repairs.
- Monitor usage of fuel fobs, ensuring correct fuel information is logged for fuel reports.
Driver Assessor | Driving Instructor | Training | Transport and Logistics | Driver Training | Assessor
- Ability to deliver classroom based training sessions including Driver CPC
- At least 3 years experience in the transport industry
- Effective communication skills at all levels
- Good understanding of Microsoft Products (Word, Excel, Power Point & Outlook)
- High level of attention to detail, enabling accurate analysis and control of data
- DSA Registered Commercial Driver Instructor
About Our Company:
At Whistl, we look after our people, recognise their contribution and support our staff in progressing their careers. We look for can-do people who can deliver exceptional service.
- Think as part of a team; All that stuff about teamwork is true – working together works best
- Act with a can-do attitude; We’ll always try to find a way. We never say no if there’s a chance of yes, and we believe challenges are there to be overcome.
- Do the right thing; That means working as part of a team, supporting colleagues and customers, respecting them and sharing knowledge.
6000 customers; 4 billion items delivered every year! 1600 staff member. We are the second largest UK postal company, providing Mail, Packets and Parcels and Doordrop Media services in the UK and international markets. 54% DSA share Downstream Access market share - Largest DSA provider working with a wide range of customers across multiple industry sectors. 7 UK depots - Our national network provides a high quality service and protection from e-commerce spikes
Over 1 billion Doordrops planned and managed in 2015. From leaflets to brochures to product sampling, we help connect brands to consumers in their homes.
98.3% Handover Quality in 2015 - Our efficient network and can-do people deliver industry leading quality service. 84% Customer Satisfaction 'Satisfied' and 'Very Satisfied' Customers (2015) - Our annual Customer Satisfaction Survey helps us continually strive to delight our customers. Our Mission - To grow by doing a great job, with can-do people working efficiently to deliver exceptional service.