Senior Events Marketing Executive
Senior Events Marketing Executive – Up to £29,000 per annum + Benefits – London City
Our client, a Marketing Agency specialising in the Healthcare Sector, currently has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Marketing Executive to join their busy team.
This role sits within the events team responsible for the conferences and events which go alongside our magazine brands. It is a close-knit, sociable team, driven by delivering and exceeding KPIs of attendance, delegate satisfaction and commerciality which is achieved by working together to constantly come up with new ideas.
The Senior Marketing Executive will be responsible for maximising attendance at events while remaining within budget; developing and implementing process improvements; managing a team of telemarketers; and building databases.
The primary responsibilities for this role are:
• Developing marketing messaging in liaison with the Marketing Manager, Events Director and Conference Producers
• Copywriting for marketing materials including emails, brochures, postcards, websites, text messages, telemarketing scripts etc
• Analysis of marketing campaigns – trend reports, email analysis, performance reports
• Targeting marketing collateral to the appropriate market segments and selecting data accordingly
• Creating briefs for designers for marketing collateral
• Creating, proofing and sending emails through email engine
• Delegate liaison including delegate registrations
• Managing event websites
• Overseeing telemarketing activity – managing the team of temps, selecting their data, training them, and reporting on their performance
• Managing placement of ads in magazines, websites and newsletters
• Liaising with Marketing Executive on social media content
• Occasional attendance at events to assist on site
• Support the Marketing Manager in the overall running of marketing campaigns
• Enhancing and building the database in line with business objectives
• Building contra deals with appropriate third parties to assist in the generation of brand awareness and delegate registrations
• Post show support and event analysis
• The ideal candidate will have two years’ experience in conference marketing with knowledge of running a marketing campaign from inception to completion
• A prior knowledge of the health sector is not required but an interest in health/medicine will be of benefit
• Candidates need to be forward thinking and able to overcome challenges and should be driven by seeing an event achieve its target. They should be confident in taking responsibility for their events and managing their own workload whilst ensuring that all key stakeholders in the team are up to date with event progress
• We are looking for someone with experience of running analysis and reports on event performance plus coming up with new ideas on how to hit targets. The ability to write clear, compelling marketing copy is essential with a strong focus on attention to detail
• Experience of SalesForce and Exact Target desirable, but not essential, however experience of a CMS system and customer database is required
About the Company
“We are an integrated media and marketing services company that sits at the heart of a community of 220,000 highly-engaged healthcare professionals. For over 25 years we have produced inspirational and incisive content via our magazines, events and online. These in turn provide the data and insight that gives us a deep understanding of what our audiences want. Our events range from small, bespoke events for individual clients to large conferences and exhibitions with up to 1,000 attendees.”
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position and have the skills required, please attach an up to date copy of your CV to the link provided and our client will be in direct contact.