Driver - 7.5 Tonne
- Full Time
Driver (7.5 tonne)
42.5 hours a week (Monday to Friday)
Working Hours: Start between 6.00am ad 8.00am; Scheduled finish between 3.00pm and 5.00pm. Flexibility required between these hours.
Pay: £8.00 per hour
Box and Seal is a fast growing, independent and friendly company based in the heart of Wiltshire. It specialises in the manufacture and design of made to measure cardboard boxes, point of sale packaging and packaging materials. The Company manufactures from two sites – Royal Wootton Bassett and Avonmouth (Bristol).
Due to continued company growth, we are looking to recruit a Driver (7.5 Tonne) to work on a full time basis to work alongside other members of our driving team. Most of the companies we deliver to are based locally, so drops are usually within 150 miles. This enables us to offer sociable hours which can be rare for driving roles. Hours will start between 6.00am and 8.00am, and schedule to finish between 3.00pm and 5.00pm (flexibility required between these hours based upon the needs of the business).
Most of our products are delivered on pallets so there is no heavy lifting involved with the job.
The main responsibilities of the Driver role are:
- To collect and deliver goods safely and on time to our customers.
- Load and unload the goods as directed
- Provide excellent customer service skills to our clients as the "face" of the Company
- Undertake daily inspections on vehicles to ensure safe operating.
- Comply with health and safety regulations at all times
- Keep accurate records of mileage, fuel purchase and other costs incurred.
We are looking for a great driver who also excels and enjoys providing great customer service. The ideal candidate will have the following qualities:
- A good previous record in driving roles
- A full UK driving license
- A Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (Driver CPC)
- A Digital Tachograph Driver Smart Card
- Colour Vision
- Great interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise
Alongside a competitive rate of pay, the role offers sociable hours of work (no nights out) and 28 days holiday (which includes bank holidays).