Digital Design Lead
Who are you?
You will have a passion for design, technology and customer centric products. You'll be continually learning with a grasp of what's best practice and great to use now and whats on the horizon. You'll relish leading a small team of individuals to conceptualise, create user journeys and design products across multiple platforms. You'll work closely with our Head of Product, Marketing and Development departments and help them to shape the experience we provide to customers. A strong communicator, you'll lead in presenting ideas, knowledge, and the creative vision to the team and wider business, while remaining a champion of the customer.
You're accomplished in all the standard software packages that a designer needs to get the job done and have experience leading the creative look and feel with other designers. You've got a varied toolbox to select from, whether it be sketching out ideas or user flows, wire-framing layouts, to prototyping and creating concepts using the latest front-end development technologies.
The role of the Digital Design Lead:
As a core member of the team you'll be required to:
- Create and lead an innovative and delivery focused design process across all channels that aligns to the business strategy
- Work closely with The Head of Product to understand the customers and conceptualise ideas for new products, features, functionality and assets.
- Work closely with senior stakeholders to communicate design solutions that meet customer and business requirements
- Cover all areas of design including user experience design, graphic design and user interface design as the leader of a multidisciplinary squad
- Be involved in small to large-scale projects from the earliest discovery stages through design, development, test, release and measurement
- Ensure standards of quality are maintained within the design team
- Participate in regular innovation sessions, usability workshops, product reviews, and design sprints
- Lead, motivate and develop and a team of senior designers to create a high performing team
- Go beyond the requirements of the creative brief and be willing to challenge assumptions
- Multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced, results driven organisation
Key skills and experience would ideally include:
- A portfolio you're proud of that demonstrates strong UI and visual design skills, showing end-to-end experience of the design delivery process
- Experience of designing for mobile, tablet and desktop platforms
- You're a passionate designer with a track record of designing compelling user experiences with a comprehensive understanding of user behaviors
- Experience leading a team of high performers
- Evidence of creating and working to brand guidelines, but also willing to innovate on and challenge these
- Excellent communicator, skilled in explaining and defending your work when required; showing confidence in your own abilities and ideas
- A conceptual thinker with an aptitude for sharing and learning new skills
- Experience working in a collaborative, small but agile team and working with developers to facilitate the implementation of your designs
- A hard-working 'can do' attitude with an appreciation of team camaraderie