Sportsbook Content Executive
Sky Betting and Gaming aims to bring the excitement of sports betting, casino, poker and bingo to a rapidly growing number of customers in the betting and gaming market. Through our close relationships with Sky Sports we can provide a unique opportunity to deliver a real experience that makes us stand out in the online gaming sector. We're striving to be the best digital business in the UK and we're well on our way, this year we've been nominated as one of The Sunday Times Top 100 companies to work for as well as bagging a handful of accolades at the 2015 EGR awards and we're not planning on slowing down anytime soon! From our base in Leeds and across all our sites, we are experiencing rapid growth and are constantly looking for the best talent to help us in our continued success. Are you in?
As Sportsbook Content Executive, you will take a data driven approach to ensure all betting markets, events and marketing offers are promoted effectively to customers on the Sky Bet platforms. Working closely with your team, you will update the Sky Bet mobile and websites based on a pre-prepared schedule based around live sporting events.
A key part of your role will be to generate a content plan which shall be distributed around the business. Experience in planning a website, based on analysis and business priorities would be an advantage in this role and retrospective analysis is encouraged so a background in numeracy is desired. The team generates reports based on site visits and analytically review the schedule to optimise both web and mobile sites. Therefore, an analytical background is desired.
- Monitoring of web analytics to ensure most relevant content is displayed on site at all times
- Ensure all pages on site are maximised to convert traffic to Bet
- Managing the Sky Bet mobile and desktop sites ensuring relevant promotion of betting markets and offers
- Working with Marketing and Product teams to create the best betting experience for customers as well as cross selling into other products
- Focus on planning and gaining an understanding of what works well on site to improve customer journeys - a strong emphasis on Microsoft Excel is implemented here.
- Working alongside the Customer Experience team to multivariate test creative and improve user journeys
- Reporting of site analytics and conversions on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.
- Working closely with a live sports team, ensure the Sky Bet sites are as up to date as possible
In order to be successful in this role, you will possess the following skills and experience:
- Excellent all-round sports knowledge
- Previous experience working with Content Management Systems an advantage
- PC literate, with a basic knowledge of Photoshop
- Strong Excel knowledge and experience to be used daily
- Experience in planning a website based on marketing objectives
- Proactive and creative with a passion to learn and succeed
- Effective communicator
- Well organised with an eye for detail
- Experience from within the online betting industry is preferred but not essential
- Ability to work using own initiative and an 'always thinking' approach to working
- A journalism qualification or marketing related degree an advantage
- Some experience in writing sports content would be beneficial
- Experience in analytics and reporting is desired
You will need to be flexible as working hours for this role are any 5 days out of 7 including evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays between the hours of 08.00am and 10.30pm.
As a valued employee, you will receive free Sky + HD and Broadband, as much free Yorkshire tea as you can drink (we are in God's country after all), or the stronger stuff if you're more of a coffee connoisseur. A digital private healthcare scheme along with Herman Miller chairs to ensure your derriere is as comfortable as possible whilst you're innovating and a pension scheme that will send you jet setting off into retirement. All this in a flexible working environment with some of the best minds in the industry help make Sky Betting and Gaming a really great place to work (if we don't say so ourselves). So come join us, one sugar or two?
Grow with Sky Betting and Gaming. Date posted: 12/10/2016